Grad school?

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So, what are the general thoughts on grad school around here?

There is a way I could get a job that will land me in a position to get back into school at Georgia Tech. Should I go for it?

My thoughts on grad school are generally the same as my thoughts on a global initiative to construct coastal desalination plants in 3rd world countries.

i say yes! buys you some time to figure things out, all while furthering your education. yes, yes, yes!!
can you think of any cons of the situation? list pros/cons and weigh them out.

i am definitely going to grad school, since i need at least a masters to make a big splash in my field. it honestly depends on your situation, what you want to do with life, etc. learning is always good though, imo

taeric said:
So, what are the general thoughts on grad school around here?

There is a way I could get a job that will land me in a position to get back into school at Georgia Tech. Should I go for it?
If the job will help pay for it, its a no brainer.

theacoustician said:
You still don't know what you want to do in grad school. You need to decide what you'd want to do first.

Well.. I'd have several options. The hardest part will be getting back in. Since I didn't exactly leave with good grades, I'm not exactly a shoe in.

That being said. I know I liked teaching in the past. Maybe I should look into becoming a professor. I guess I'd need to know how much is involved with that.

The job I'm looking at would pay for it completely. Provided, of course, I pick a course that is relevant. I'm thinking I would probably start by getting a masters in either CS or CmpE.

taeric said:
The job I'm looking at would pay for it completely. Provided, of course, I pick a course that is relevant. I'm thinking I would probably start by getting a masters in either CS or CmpE.
Go for it. Quickly.

What is Grad school? Post-grad courses?

Do it if you're doing a meaningful course, but fuck it if it's business studies or similar bullshit.

Galen said:
What is Grad school? Post-grad courses?

Do it if you're doing a meaningful course, but fuck it if it's business studies or similar bullshit.
A 'Masters' degree or 'Master of Arts'

Traditionally a 2 year program at brick-and-mortar universities that you take after your 4 year 'Bachelors' degree

There are plenty of accelerated and decelerated programs online and in person for night/part-time students.

ChikkenNoodul said:
A 'Masters' degree or 'Master of Arts'

Traditionally a 2 year program at brick-and-mortar universities that you take after your 4 year 'Bachelors' degree

There are plenty of accelerated and decelerated programs online and in person for night/part-time students.
A Masters can also be a Masters of Science.

taeric said:

If they are paying for it then YES! What about your 'time' ... grad school is a huge time committment. Are they paying you wages while in school and studying - if so a double YES YES!

Either CS or CmpE is the way to go. What do you want to be when you grow up?