gov't employee discount on cell plans

DoubleJ

Half-staff Member
Oct 30, 2008
Shelton, WA
Marklar
₥0
I just found out that if you are a gov't employee, federal, state, county, city, whatever, you get a discount on your cell plan. I'm with AT&T and work for the gov't and just got a 15% discount off of my cell bill. Just call up your cell company and ask for the discount. They'll tell you what you need to do. For AT&T, all you need is a gov't email account.

jesus christ. i can't believe work pays all y'alls phone bills. do you need to use your cell for work, or is this just a perk? i have to pay my own damn bill.

jesus christ. i can't believe work pays all y'alls phone bills. do you need to use your cell for work, or is this just a perk? i have to pay my own damn bill.

I am on call after hours ever other week which I don't even keep track of so I'm just permanently on call

Mostly it's a perk, but I'm a contact for the answering service and have had doctors call my cell in the middle of the night on weekends because there were line issues at the office.

Also they get to call me on vacations and days off.

I do 24/7 on call, split between myself and a coworker, and am required to report to work quickly as a matter of public safety or some shit like that.

it's happened before and I handled it fine

lol, at a previous job, I took a cab to work at 3AM because I was shitfaced. Told the cab driver to wait while I rebooted a server. Then I expensed the cab.

lol, at a previous job, I took a cab to work at 3AM because I was shitfaced. Told the cab driver to wait while I rebooted a server. Then I expensed the cab.

I just file mileage on anything work related and they don't ever question anything as long as you give them a reasonable number.