Got run over by an old bat on Friday

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,507
Well, sorta :p blind old bat nailed me from behind while we were pulling away from an intersection because she was in the wrong lane (I was turning left, she was turning right) never would have expected her to accelerate that quickly :eek:

So she hit me, and I lowsided at about 15mph or so, not fast fortunately. Was pinned underneath the bike, wriggling my way out while people kept stopping and asking "Are you okay??" "Nah, just pinned under a 600lb bike is all.... :rolleyes: " Managed to pick the bike up, and wheel it out of the intersection so I didn't tie up traffic :fly:

A bus driver saw the whole thing, yelled at the lady for being in the wrong lane then called the police for me :D what a response from them, two officers, the ambulance, and a fire truck were there before I could finish dialing my wife's cell-phone #.

Old bat tried to drive away before they got there too, kept insisting she was in the correct lane...

I was in some serious pain once I stopped being pissed about the bike, but no serious injury it seems. Just some bruises and the lingering feeling of getting hit in the knee with a baseball bat (My knee is apparantly what actually dented the tank)

cntank.JPG

Frelled up headlight

cnlight.JPG

Crash bar kept the engine from outward damage, but got bent

cnbar.JPG

Clutch lever is nice 'n wobbly now

cnlever.JPG

There is no way in hell I would ride a bike in Boston traffic.

I'm glad things weren't more serious. :heart:

You should have been riding a hog not some rice burner. Then the old bat might have heard you at least. :fly:

Last edited:
Arátoeldar said:
There is no way in hell I would ride a bike in Boston traffic.

I'm glad things weren't more serious. :heart:

You should have been riding a hog not some rice burner. Then the old bat might have heard you at least. :fly:
Then he would have been REALLY hurt with a hog laying on him...

Glad you're okay.

Old people should be banned from doing everything. Which each passing day I hate them more.

Galen said:
Glad you're okay.

Old people should be banned from doing everything. Which each passing day I hate them more.

We'll all get old some day-if we live long enough :eek:

glad you're ok chikken
and this is precisely why I most likely will never ride
it's not a matter of IF you will ever get hit, it's a matter of when and how badly

Onnotangu said:
hate what you are destined to become. come to the fogey side luke.
Not all of them are bad, but the vast majority are. Ill-mannered, permed, smelly scum. I just don't help them anymore, helping the old is the most unrewarding form of volunteer work. Not a thank you or an ounce of appreciation in sight.

Galen said:
Not all of them are bad, but the vast majority are. Ill-mannered, permed, smelly scum. I just don't help them anymore, helping the old is the most unrewarding form of volunteer work. Not a thank you or an ounce of appreciation in sight.
'It spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in a small way.'

glad you're ok, chikken.

from what i've heard, it's a matter of time before biker dudes have some sort of traffic occurance. if that's true, let's hope that this was yours, and you've filled your quota! :heart:
i'm glad it wasn't more serious, and i'm glad you are able to use the :fly: when telling your story. :eek: YOU BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. :hug:
go get that knee checked out. i speak from experience. you do not want to challenge your knees. :D