Got my mind on my money, and my money on my mind

Re: The long-term investment and money management thread

Well, that's not entirely true. They do match your contribution for 3 months. But after that it's pointless. (Actually it's pointless whether they match or not since you could just put that money into a more profitable 401k or Roth from the beginning.) It's basically a way for them to recoup a cap on the amount of the money they can charge vendors and retailers. They are passing more of the fees on to us directly.

where am I getting charged for this? I have a $10 monthly account fee and that's it

where am I getting charged for this? I have a $10 monthly account fee and that's it

If you have more than $300 in it you won't have a fee. I was just enrolled, so my $3/month contribution was losing me money.

my boa account is free if i have over $1500 in it otherwise its $12 a month

If you have more than $300 in it you won't have a fee. I was just enrolled, so my $3/month contribution was losing me money.

how were you ending up with so little going in? I use my debit card for all expenses and transactions and it's good for about $50 per/m

my boa account is free if i have over $1500 in it otherwise its $12 a month

I usually do but I've been beating up my account lately so it's dipped below. maybe that's why they're charging me $10

how were you ending up with so little going in? I use my debit card for all expenses and transactions and it's good for about $50 per/m

Because I rarely use my debit card. I use credit cards since they offer better protection and more rewards. If someone gets ahold of your debit card info you have a problem.

And that $50/month is already your money, with a couple extra bucks thrown in.

Because I rarely use my debit card. I use credit cards since they offer better protection and more rewards. If someone gets ahold of your debit card info you have a problem.

And that $50/month is already your money, with a couple extra bucks thrown in.

I already have 15% of my pretax income going into 401k so the boa change thing is just setting aside a couple extra bucks, not a longterm strategy.

BoA is a horrible bank, you should not be giving them any money.

Who pays for an account? I mean honestly.

BoA is a horrible bank, you should not be giving them any money.

Who pays for an account? I mean honestly.

They bought out my old bank, nations bank, years ago and just never switched. There's a boa diagonal across the street from my condo too so you can't beat the convenience.

They bought out my old bank, nations bank, years ago and just never switched. There's a boa diagonal across the street from my condo too so you can't beat the convenience.

You shouldn't need to go TO a bank. Why you so old fashioned? Go to an online bank, it's free and not the devil.

my atm is free everywhere. Any atm, anywhere.

BoA does have mobile check deposits, which is an amazing convenience. Do credit unions have that feature?