Got Cincinnatti?

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
Am headed out there for a conference, I believe, the last week of June. Since this is a nat'l board, thought I'd ask:

Anything cool to do? Places to go/see?
Good restaurants or clubs to hit?
good shopping spots?

thanks in advance. :heart:

Everything fun to do is in Columbus. Sorry man.

Actually I don't know. It's been a while since I've been to Cincy.

I know they have a good zoo. From what little I saw there, shopping wasn't all that great. Didn't really get to check out the nightlife except for one bar there.

Last edited:
I was exiled in Cincinnati for a few years. It's a odd place. Others I know have said this too. It's very conservative. Some people say it's stuck in time, but I happen to think that's it's leading a headlong retreat through time.

Oh, and try the chili. Go to Skyline or Gold Star and order a five-way. Put your crackers on top of the cheese and apply hot sauce. Yes, I know it'll look like spaghetti and meat sauce with a pile of cheese on it. That's okay. Apparently that's how it's supposed to look.

Oh, shit. I nearly forgot. Figure out how to ditch the conference for one day and head up to the US Air Force museum in Dayton. Very, very impressive.

Everything fun to do is in Columbus. Sorry man.

Actually I don't know. It's been a while since I've been to Cincy.

I know they have a good zoo. From what little I saw there, shopping wasn't all that great. Didn't really get to check out the nightlife except for one bar there.

From what i hear, the night life in downtown Cincy is pretty good (with UC being so close). You absolutely must hit up Hoffbrau. Its a bad ass German restaurant. Every one there is piss drunk. The eating area is like a big ass medieval hall with long wooden tables and benches to sit at. A live german band, complete with liderhosen and an incredible atmosphere.

The Zoo is quite good, and we spent an hour there yesterday as a matter of fact. The Aquarium is short, but decent and if the Reds are in town, you can catch a ball game. The stadium is one of the best in the league. Not a bad seat anywhere (and we sat in the very last row at the tip top). They also have one of those nice open mall areas that seem to be so popular lately (its where the Haffbrau is).

I was exiled in Cincinnati for a few years. It's a odd place. Others I know have said this too. It's very conservative. Some people say it's stuck in time, but I happen to think that's it's leading a headlong retreat through time.

Oh, and try the chili. Go to Skyline or Gold Star and order a five-way. Put your crackers on top of the cheese and apply hot sauce. Yes, I know it'll look like spaghetti and meat sauce with a pile of cheese on it. That's okay. Apparently that's how it's supposed to look.

Oh, shit. I nearly forgot. Figure out how to ditch the conference for one day and head up to the US Air Force museum in Dayton. Very, very impressive.

OHHH! The AF Museum. Back in highschool , my friends mom use to run the Imax theatre there. Free shows were sweet.
The museum is awesome and contains a B-52 my dad actually navigated for a short time (pretty odd). I havent been there since they completed the third building. If you head up to the base, we could do lunch or something (since i work here and all)

From what i hear, the night life in downtown Cincy is pretty good (with UC being so close). You absolutely must hit up Hoffbrau. Its a bad ass German restaurant. Every one there is piss drunk. The eating area is like a big ass medieval hall with long wooden tables and benches to sit at. A live german band, complete with liderhosen and an incredible atmosphere.

I'd forgotten about the Hopfbrauhous. It's the only one outside of Germany. I've been to the one in Munich. The beer comes in liter size mugs and the pretzels are the size of your whole head. It's good stuff.

I'd forgotten about the Hopfbrauhous. It's the only one outside of Germany. I've been to the one in Munich. The beer comes in liter size mugs and the pretzels are the size of your whole head. It's good stuff.

All of us from work wend down there one night. Im not much on german food, but it was a fantastic time. The restroom is a little awkward since everything is just kinda out and the open and you have all these drunk guys just whipping it out while swaying back and forth.

Meh, that ice cream isn't THAT great :shrug:

And I have no idea what is in Cincy, but Cleveland is only 4 hours away ;)

Vanilla ice cream will never be orgasmic. Expand your horizons and try something that you can't just get from a vanilla bean.

Homemade frozen vanilla bean custard IS orgasmic.

And if they can't get the simple flavors down, what hope do they have for getting more eccentric flavors tasting good?

They had too many choices with chocolate so I couldn't have them anyway :(

Homemade frozen vanilla bean custard IS orgasmic.

And if they can't get the simple flavors down, what hope do they have for getting more eccentric flavors tasting good?

They had too many choices with chocolate so I couldn't have them anyway :(

wuss.

Eileen is lactose intolerant and she still ate their ice cream. That's how good it is.

Meh, that ice cream isn't THAT great :shrug:

And I have no idea what is in Cincy, but Cleveland is only 4 hours away ;)

If you want good ice cream, hit up Youngs Jersey Dairy Just outside of Dayton (in Yellow Springs). Play some putt putt, hit the driving range or batting cage there or if you get really frisky, you can feed the goats. Just down the road from that is Glenn Hellen/John Bryan State park aka the Gorge. Its awesome to go out there and walk/hike along the river and play in the water fall. If you really like mineral water, drink from the spring.

Yellow Springs is the hippy town (Antioch College is there). The Import house is a favorite of high school and college kids alike for various... tobacco smoking products. Yea, tobacco. thats the ticket.

The area also has an extensive bike trail that runs along old railroad right of ways. So you can get to pretty much anywhere in Green County from Dayton by bike.

itburnswhenipee... you fucked up the system we had here. There was one of us in each of the major cities. Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, and you in Cincinnati. wtf man! :mad: