Goose Egg

E

Excedrin

A couple of weeks ago, I was with some friends airsofting and riding atvs. My friends brother Kevin, drives off on one of the atvs, along with another friend. My friend comes back and tells us kevin crashed. We all run a couple hundred yards and see the atv up against a tree and kevin sitting down. We get up closer and see this:
kevinshead7fb.jpg

Apparently he was going quite fast and just lost control and slammed into the tree. He actually managed to break off a branch that was a good 3 inches in diameter. The scratch got infected and made his whole face swell up. He had to stay home from school a couple of days because his eyes were swollen shut.

April23 said:
Now if that was a zit... I'd be impressed.
someone i knew in college had a zit that big on the side of his nose. the doctors had to take an 18 gauge needle to extract the abcess that formed. they said had he waited any longer, it would have damaged the ocular nerves and partially blinded him for life :eek:

F33nX said:
someone i knew in college had a zit that big on the side of his nose. the doctors had to take an 18 gauge needle to extract the abcess that formed. they said had he waited any longer, it would have damaged the ocular nerves and partially blinded him for life :eek:
that's one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.

CletusJones said:
seriously, that had to hurt like all hell, why'd he wait so long?
well at first when the zit got big he tried to lance it (ie pop it with a sewing needle). then it got infected :eek: he thought if he didn't touch it, it would go away. when he woke up one morning and found that it had almost doubled in size, he went straight to the ER. he had to go back for multiple draining sessions with the 18 gauge. he said the doctors told him he couldn't move when they were doing the procedure, and to get through the pain he bent the hospital bed rails.

That was seriously a zit or just an absess (or whatever you call it)... that doesn't seem possible to have that much zit goo... omy

April23 said:
That was seriously a zit or just an absess (or whatever you call it)... that doesn't seem possible to have that much zit goo... omy

After he lanced it and it got infected, it's quite possible. After all zit goo is just pus and infections cause more pus to form.

Coqui said:
After he lanced it and it got infected, it's quite possible. After all zit goo is just pus and infections cause more pus to form.
that's exactly what happened, the large zit that was infected abcessed. the pus couldn't go anywhere because of the infection and almost became gangrenous. we had much fun hearing about this at the dinner table :yuk:

F33nX said:
well at first when the zit got big he tried to lance it (ie pop it with a sewing needle). then it got infected :eek: he thought if he didn't touch it, it would go away. when he woke up one morning and found that it had almost doubled in size, he went straight to the ER. he had to go back for multiple draining sessions with the 18 gauge. he said the doctors told him he couldn't move when they were doing the procedure, and to get through the pain he bent the hospital bed rails.
I got a couple of abcesses on my legs a few years back. They werent' fun times at all, terrible experiences. My then girlfriend managed to bring a staph infection home from the hospital she worked at and we passed it back and forth to eachother for like 3 weeks. It was terrible and I'm glad my mommy is a doctor, she wrote me a script that took care of everything. :)

CletusJones said:
I got a couple of abcesses on my legs a few years back. They werent' fun times at all, terrible experiences. My then girlfriend managed to bring a staph infection home from the hospital she worked at and we passed it back and forth to eachother for like 3 weeks. It was terrible and I'm glad my mommy is a doctor, she wrote me a script that took care of everything. :)

oooooh staph infections....... :drool: