Google Voice

its a phone number linked to your own number that you can give out to anyone, only it can receive voicemails and do some speech2text magic and email you the voicemail text.

the original concept was to have one number that people can call and you go online and update it to forward to your home phone, work phone, cell phone, or wherever depending on where you were so you can give people 1 contact number to reach you everywhere.

google bought grandcentral and has been adding stuff to it ever since. for most people, it's a second phone number they can give out to screen all their calls.

its a phone number linked to your own number that you can give out to anyone, only it can receive voicemails and do some speech2text magic and email you the voicemail text.

the original concept was to have one number that people can call and you go online and update it to forward to your home phone, work phone, cell phone, or wherever depending on where you were so you can give people 1 contact number to reach you everywhere.

google bought grandcentral and has been adding stuff to it ever since. for most people, it's a second phone number they can give out to screen all their calls.

You can also do that neat/creepy thing where you listen to the person leave a voicemail and decide if you want to pick up. You can also transfer calls between all your phones while you're on it.

Psh US numbers only >.> I guess it would still be good for what I normally do (not answer the phone unless I recognize the number.)

They just changed the service so the google voicemail will work with your existing phone. You get a sms text version of the voice mail. Mine takes 5 rings to pick up.

oh, here it is! i thought this thread was looong gone.

so any of you google voice types have an invite to give out?

my boobs are bigger. so NYAH!
crying-baby-272x300.jpg