Google Voice

I just tested the transcribe function and its flipping awesome. My only issue is that it rang 4 times on my phone went to gvoice then rang another 4 times. I guess thats not too bad. Hopefully it will deter people from leaving a message.

I think there is a way to to alter that too. Turning on do not disturb on your gvoice account decreases the rings a little.

Last edited:
Is there a way to set up a blackberry so incoming calls not already in your address book automatically go to voicemail?

Or is call forwarding the easiest way to do that?

You can setup your phone to forward to google voice and it will do a whitelist feature like that but no way am I doing that.

Is there an easy way to have your blackberry auto forward certain address book entries to different numbers?

The easiest way to do what I want is with an external call manager application like i,call manager lite. It cost about 18 dollars for a two year license. I'm trying the 7 day trial before deciding on it. Right now I have it running a blacklist. So calls from certain numbers go directly to google voicemail and it answers them on the 4th ring and then texts me a transcription of the voice message. The program also does white list using your addressbook so anyone not in there auto goes to voicemail.

Last edited:
On my phone dnd rings silently on my phone and then sends it to voicemail unless that is the main profile. I didn't want everyone going to voicemail just certain numbers.

no, DND on Google Voice will send the call directly to voicemail. if you want to use it for VM, set your phone to forward, then DND on GV.

If people call the google number. I want certain people calling my cell to go directly to google voice mail without ever ringing on my phone to avoid it taking 8 rings to go into google voice mail.

If people call the google number. I want certain people calling my cell to go directly to google voice mail without ever ringing on my phone to avoid it taking 8 rings to go into google voice mail.

I was talking about Dharma, simply trying to use its voicemail transcription features.

And in your case, if people call the Google number, it should go to VM after 4 rings. You can send people directly from your GV contact list...

How would I go about this?

picture.php

I was talking about Dharma, simply trying to use its voicemail transcription features.

And in your case, if people call the Google number, it should go to VM after 4 rings. You can send people directly from your GV contact list...

But my thing is I don't want to have to give the google number out to anyone that already has my work cell number. I will give it out for some new people.

This service is going to rock for my wife's work phone. She has clients call it to schedule appointments so I'll set it up just to automatically forward voicemails to google voice and she can just turn that phone off when she's busy and receive texts of those phone calls on her normal phone that she never turns off.