google maps + sex offender data base

ugh.JPG

FlamingGlory said:
Nope that is an old hotel downtown that is super low rent. It's been in the paper several times because of the tenents. Highest concentration of sex offenders in upstate NY. Jail is listed in the unmappable tab btw.

I'm suprised no one has tried to blow it up or burn it down.

b_sinning said:
I'm suprised no one has tried to blow it up or burn it down.
The police literally have it staked out. Everytime I've driven by there are at least two cruisers parked out front.

Here is the problem with this system. Members of society who would otherwise be productive and valuable members of a community are being black listed for actions which in reality are not that bad. There are no distinctions on the sex offender list between the true sicos who molest their 5 year old cousin and those who when they were in their early twenties or teens who slept with someone under the age of eighteen regardless if consent was given. So these people are being selected out?

My grandfather wants to put bands on these people that can not be removed. It’s like putting the Jewish star on people and sending them to the camps. Right now it’s a trail of paper that one can not escape, which isn’t really any better in the digital age. I couldn’t disagree more with this entire thing and it truly does upset me.

djduquet said:
Here is the problem with this system. Members of society who would otherwise be productive and valuable members of a community are being black listed for actions which in reality are not that bad. There are no distinctions on the sex offender list between the true sicos who molest their 5 year old cousin and those who when they were in their early twenties or teens who slept with someone under the age of eighteen regardless if consent was given. So these people are being selected out?

My grandfather wants to put bands on these people that can not be removed. It’s like putting the Jewish star on people and sending them to the camps. Right now it’s a trail of paper that one can not escape, which isn’t really any better in the digital age. I couldn’t disagree more with this entire thing and it truly does upset me.

sicos?

francais?

djduquet said:

This isnt the first time I've seen this or argued about it. But:

Let's just pick out one close to me: Possessing A Sexual Performance By A Child Less Than 11 Years of Age Female, 16 Years
Rape 1st degree, 70 years

Yes, a very productive member of society there. Must be a parolee judging by the second conviction. This calls for some evidence of recidivism,

DOJ said:
Sex offenders

* On a given day in 1994 there were approximately 234,000 offenders convicted of rape or sexual assault under the care, custody, or control of corrections agencies; nearly 60% of these sex offenders are under conditional supervision in the community.
* The median age of the victims of imprisoned sexual assaulters was less than 13 years old; the median age of rape victims was about 22 years.
* An estimated 24% of those serving time for rape and 19% of those serving time for sexual assault had been on probation or parole at the time of the offense for which they were in State prison in 1991.
* Of the 9,691 male sex offenders released from prisons in 15 States in 1994, 5.3% were rearrested for a new sex crime within 3 years of release.
* Of released sex offenders who allegedly committed another sex crime, 40% perpetrated the new offense within a year or less from their prison discharge.

Corresponds about equally with violent felons. Part of their continued punishment for these crimes happens to be registration. They are deprived of their rights through due process and I have absolutely no problem with it. The death penalty would be even better but apparently we arent allowed to kill rapists anymore.

For the few harmless ones that slip through the overwhelming majority are violent repeat offenders. If we still did the death penalty thing I wouldnt want them registered, but the fact that there are criminals released every day that should by rights be dead or locked up simply because we dont have the space to house them there must be some other way to track them.

There is one living in my neighborhood and we got a notice stuck to our door about it. It made me really angry at the time. The more I think about it, the more I don't know what to think about it. I do feel bad for the people that wind up on this list for statuatory rape, but I don't feel bad for the sick people that rape and hurt innocent people. I guess it all comes down to whether we want to let the bad one's get away with it so that the good ones don't have to suffer or vice versa. There is no perfect way to deal with this.

FlamingGlory said:
Thats nothing:

Multiple offenders at this address
BRUCE, MICHAEL
BELL, MICHAEL J
BLAKE, SHANE
BOWMAN, ROBERT
BREESE, PETER
BROOKS, HERBERT D
CLAIR, CHARLES L
CULLEN, JAMES
DESTEVENS, RICHARD R
DIBBLE, HOWARD H
EMM, CHARLES JR
HULTS, DON
KELLY, TERRENCE
PETRIE, SCOTT R
RICHARDS, DOUGLAS N
probably the home of a rap group

Pandora said:
Liar. I live in Atlanta and I have little brown babies all the time. True story!

so not only do you have a problem with the overweight community, youre racist also?