Google maps has some decent competition.

The interface is almost entirely different. The bird's eye views are new.

Yeah, the maps are probably the same. It is the same damned planet. The interface is what this is all about.

Google is easier to use, and the satellite maps can't be beat. This bird's eye view thing is inconvenient because it isn't featured on every map.

SpangeMonkee said:
bah. mapquest is still more accurate than both.

Are you serious? I hadn't realized mapquest was actually good nowdays.

And when were these two websites wrong?

Sarcasmo said:
Google is easier to use, and the satellite maps can't be beat. This bird's eye view thing is inconvenient because it isn't featured on every map.

The bird's eye view is only good to recognize where you are going. And they still have the overhead view. Click on aerial.

SpangeMonkee said:
bah. mapquest is still more accurate than both.
Mapquest has exits and roads that don't exist where I live... It just gives you a general idea about most stuff.

Ok.... ignoring the accuracy of the bloody maps, I was pointing out that the interface is about as good as google maps. Mapquest has an interface that makes me hate the internet. No real comparison.

Oddly, my favorite thing about google maps is they actually use a stylesheet for print layout. Doesn't require you to load a "printer" friendly page.

As to the accuracy, I hate to point it out but they probably all come from the same bloody backend database. They probably have different path finding engines for directions, but the backend addresses are probably the same. (Updates will be applied at different times, of course)

taeric said:
As to the accuracy, I hate to point it out but they probably all come from the same bloody backend database. They probably have different path finding engines for directions, but the backend addresses are probably the same. (Updates will be applied at different times, of course)
Orly? http://www.topozone.com/