Google continues towards world dominance

The gPhone is real and is rumored to be out 1Q08. It will be running some loonix core and will be made by HTC. Thats about all I know. Oh, and it will have GPS and Google Maps integrated, along with whatsopen.com

I thought google said they werent making any hardware, just an open software platform for partners to use?

I thought google said they werent making any hardware, just an open software platform for partners to use?

Well, they aren't. HTC is making the hardware, but from what I hear, it IS an actual, physical phone.

Edit: The fuzzy bunny Desslock's link says otherwise, but that isn't what I read. :iono:

edit2: I also remember reading that GOOG had applied to the FCC for a slice of bandwidth for phones, so they *may* enter the business, just not next year. :D

Last edited:
Well, they aren't. HTC is making the hardware, but from what I hear, it IS an actual, physical phone.

Edit: The fuzzy bunny Desslock's link says otherwise, but that isn't what I read. :iono:

edit2: I also remember reading that GOOG had applied to the FCC for a slice of bandwidth for phones, so they *may* enter the business, just not next year. :D

They're bidding on the 700 Mhz spectrum that analog TV will be vacating in 2009. The auction will be in 2008.

The gPhone is real and is rumored to be out 1Q08. It will be running some loonix core and will be made by HTC. Thats about all I know. Oh, and it will have GPS and Google Maps integrated, along with whatsopen.com
whoop! still, i'd like to see a treo with Android on it. i :heart: my palm.