Thread goodbye ETFC, hello Penelope Mew

I almost hate to ask this question, but why not find out at the vet and maybe stave off damage to internal organs? A hyperactive thyroid is really hard on kidneys, which is usually the first thing to wear out in a cat anyway...
This is working with the vet. I actually trust her on this since our cat shows zero symptoms of any kidney issues. She's a picky eater and based on her numbers from last time there are no clues she has any damage at all. That is what is so perplexing about it - numbers were normal and have been normal. We'd likely have to sedate her to do a full work up based on how squirrely she is.

So this isn't just some stupid pet owner decision of ours since it has been going on for a while and yet her general blood tests look good. Edit: we did blood tests last year when she as losing weight and had a tooth issue. So we had things checked then. The result was that it was likely her tooth issue we had resolved was causing it. She lost more weight which is why it's baffling. She also has had reoccurring ear infections that we are currently treating and want to keep treated for a month or two before doing anything else. I hope that all makes sense. It's really been about a year of watching over her.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly