Good/Sturdy/Responsive USB Gamepad

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
I play Street Fighter/fighting game arcade/console ROMs pretty regularly, and somehow managed to BREAK OFF the D-pad on my last gamepad (it was a Saitek P880), so am now in the market for another. Does anyone use consolish gamepads on their PCs and have had good luck with a particular one?

The Saitek was never very responsive (I had trouble doing left-facing Dragon Punches with it for example), and obviously it broke on me, so I'm looking for something with tight controls and a sturdy build.

Any suggestions?

edit: Price isn't a HUGE concern (since these things shouldn't cost to much by default), but I'd like to spend less than $60.

Last edited:
You could get one of those usb adapters for controllers, or you can turn a X-Box controller into a usb controller. Here and here.

Or just just do what I did. Mod your Xbox and play your roms on there. The S-controller is sweet.

xoblivion said:
You could get one of those usb adapters for controllers, or you can turn a X-Box controller into a usb controller. Here and here.

Or just just do what I did. Mod your Xbox and play your roms on there. The S-controller is sweet.

those links are totally geekly ghetto fabulous. I like it!