WTF Good ole VA hospitals

sounds like a good company
I was very proud of my dad for stepping up on that one. she wasnt going to ask him to do it but I told him it was happening and he persisted. her husband was my grandfather's associate back in '68. now he has parkinson's.

but when my dad did that I felt like a little girl just being like daddy my hero..very proud...

I feel bad for our veterans. it just isnt right how our heroes are treated. its a crock.

My uncle trashed both of his rotator cuffs due to being issued a flak jacket three sizes too large during training for 3 months before deployment to Iraq. After deployment, he retired and it took 2 years of fighting with the VA to get surgery on one of them. He hasn't gotten the 2nd one done yet. Totally blows my mind how a fairly routine injury and surgical operation can be put aside and be told "oh you just need more physical therapy to make it better".

Maybe we should restructure medicine and make it like a non-profit organization, only one that isn't shady as fuck...I'm looking at you Susan G. Koman. Anyway, rid ourselves if insurance companies, everyone 'donates' what they can, doctors and nurses get salaries, those that can't donate money have to donate time, everyone gets what they need. My aunt is straight up dying right now because she cannot afford the treatment she needs. For profit medicine is fucked up. Insurance companies and greedy people need to go away from this industry. People should not be getting rich off of other people's misfortune.

jesus I can't imagine the amount of pain someone must be in to do that

I'd like to live in the world @eileenbunny described please

I have this friend who got injured while trying to save his buddies in Vietnam. In addition to severe PTSD he has been left with several disabilities including cluster headaches. If you don't know what that is you can google it. It's quite possibly the most painful condition known to man. The best legal treatment for it is oxygen, but it's not covered by insurance because medicare/medicaid feels that it hasn't been researched enough. So John uses magic mushrooms, which is a proven treatment although it is illegal, to prevent his condition. When the VA found out about this, they cut off all services for him, not that they were giving him many. He was honest with his doctor about what he was doing because he wanted advice and support and this is how he is treated. John should be getting the best care possible. He should be getting support for his physical and mental conditions. Even when the VA was treating him he got very little help for his mental health. Now John lives in a trailer, can't work, and his wife couldn't take it anymore and left him. Last year he spent about 8 months without electricity because he couldn't afford it. I took up a collection for him and sent him as much out of my own pocket as I could. He is currently in danger of not being able to pay the ground rent on his trailer and will have to move, although with his credit being so poor his prospects are not very attractive. He is unable to work and has been denied disability. This is just one story. I can imagine someone being in that kind of pain and desperate. I've met these people. They commit suicide all the time.

Our medical system is fucked up completely and there's a lot of people who go around saying that it's better than socialized medicine. It's all broken. We need a solution. My aunt is dying right now because she cannot afford the treatment that will keep her alive. I'm sitting here without the migraine treatment I may need because I can't afford it out of pocket (about $1800 a month) and my insurance will not cover it. My insurance wants me to take medications I can't take because I'm breastfeeding. They think I should just stop breastfeeding.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
22 a day. it's infuriating that we're willing to spend the money to go to war but not to take care of the people who actually participate in them

the only people who should be telling you what medicine to take are the doctors you choose to treat you and it shouldn't be limited by your ability to pay

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Ledboots
22 a day. it's infuriating that we're willing to spend the money to go to war but not to take care of the people who actually participate in them

the only people who should be telling you what medicine to take are the doctors you choose to treat you and it shouldn't be limited by your ability to pay
This this this this

But if you can't afford to pay for whatever medical treatment you need it's because you've deliberately made bad life choices.

Yes, in addition to being required to pay ridiculous prices monthly for insurance we should all have a couple hundred thousand dollars sacked away should come down with cancer or something.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Same for losing your job. It's entirely your own fault if your company wants to shave a few bucks by firing you and doubling up someone else's work. If you had any value to the economy you'd be able to get a new job easily. Because humanity only exists as a means to turn labor into capital.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots