Thread Good news from the western front.

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥431
McDonald's Under Pressure to Fire Ronald

Joe the Camel Derangement Syndrome

More than 550 health professionals and organizations have signed a letter to McDonald's Corp. asking the maker of Happy Meals to stop marketing junk food to kids and retire Ronald McDonald.

The letter, slated to run in the form of full-page ads in six metropolitan newspapers around the country on Wednesday, acknowledges that "the contributors to today's (health) epidemic are manifold and a broad societal response is required. But marketing can no longer be ignored as a significant part of this massive problem."......

WOW.

The clown is the problem? Here's a thought.....how 'bout some of these FAT baby mommas say NO to their fat little children?

I hate their food.....but I'm gonna' go buy a Big Mac....give it to the homeless man (urban outdoorsman) I always see on my way home at the corner of High St.and Hanover.

Never shoulda' been appointed to the Supreme Court.

New documents suggest Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan involved with crafting legal defense of Obamacare

Newly released documents reveal Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan was more involved with President Obama’s health-care law than she disclosed previously. The documents likely will lead to a revival of questions about whether the Kagan should recuse herself from future cases.

Specifically, the documents show that Kagan was involved with crafting the legal defense of the Affordable Care Act in her role as solicitor general, before her appointment to the bench. The Media Research Center and Judicial Watch obtained the documents through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit that was filed in February 2011.

In an email dated Jan. 8, 2010, then-Deputy Solicitor General Neal Katyal sent an email to Senior Counsel Brian Hauck and Deputy Attorney General Thomas Perrelli that indicates Kagan played a key role in coming up with a legal defense.

“Brian, Elena would definitely like OSG [Office of Solicitor General] to be involved in this set of issues … we will bring Elena as needed.”......

Hmmmm. Contempt of Congress? Lying under Oath? Wonder what a fledging Republic would advise the consequences for these acts shoudl be.....if one were now a sitting Supreme Court Justice?

McDonald's Under Pressure to Fire Ronald

Joe the Camel Derangement Syndrome

More than 550 health professionals and organizations have signed a letter to McDonald's Corp. asking the maker of Happy Meals to stop marketing junk food to kids and retire Ronald McDonald.

The letter, slated to run in the form of full-page ads in six metropolitan newspapers around the country on Wednesday, acknowledges that "the contributors to today's (health) epidemic are manifold and a broad societal response is required. But marketing can no longer be ignored as a significant part of this massive problem."......

WOW.

The clown is the problem? Here's a thought.....how 'bout some of these FAT baby mommas say NO to their fat little children?

I hate their food.....but I'm gonna' go buy a Big Mac....give it to the homeless man (urban outdoorsman) I always see on my way home at the corner of High St.and Hanover.
It's always someone else's fault; no personal responsibility anymore in the world. :(

:lol:
In an email dated Jan. 8, 2010,

you calling me that is almost as stupid as your continued use of "useful idiots", merely another term you fail to grasp the meaning of. you actually think it's remotely insulting, you sad little thing

ara, end the partisanship, as has been pointed out to you before. we're all getting screwed. I admit to being guilty of it as well.

Last edited:
We deserve to be ruled by these people...

Nearly 20 percent of new Obamacare waivers are gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, fancy hotels in Nancy Pelosi’s district

Of the 204 new Obamacare waivers President Barack Obama’s administration approved in April, 38 are for fancy eateries, hip nightclubs and decadent hotels in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s Northern California district.

That’s in addition to the 27 new waivers for health care or drug companies and the 31 new union waivers Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services approved.

Pelosi’s district secured almost 20 percent of the latest issuance of waivers nationwide, and the companies that won them didn’t have much in common with companies throughout the rest of the country that have received Obamacare waivers.

Other common waiver recipients were labor union chapters, large corporations, financial firms and local governments.....

Even a blind hog'll find an acorn ever' once in a while. San Fran Nan was right. She said they'd have to pass the bill.....in order for us to know what was in it. Now that we know? Companies and businesses are bailing out as fast as they can. How can Obamacare be any good.....if half the country gets a waiver.....and Congress doesn't want any part of it for themselves? It stinks. And, like a dead fish....the longer it's around....the more it stinks.

Thanks, Congress....for nothing.

Wielding Waivers as Weapons

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's plea that Congress would have to pass the 906-page Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in order to "find out what's in it" has become an instant classic in the annals of dysfunctional government. But in the months since the bill's passage, as the Department of Health and Human Services has parceled out waivers, something else has become clear: We may never know what's in it.

It's not because the legislation is so long or so complicated -- though it is staggeringly prolix and stupefying in complexity. If it were only that, time would reveal the intricacies and experts would parse the meaning.

No, the reason we may never really know what's in it is because it lodges such tremendous discretion and power in the Department of Health and Human Services that we can never really be sure how government decision-makers will interpret it. In at least 700 separate instances, the legislation says that the Secretary of Health and Human Services "shall have discretion" to make rules implementing the law's often vague requirements.......

Transparency my ass

More like a mud puddle.

Obama swimming in shallow end of pool

Was it something I said, Barry? Or should I say, Hussein?

So the Herald can’t be in the White House pool because we’re not in the White House tank?

Nixon would be proud.

Imagine if George Bush had tried to set up his own personal “Enemies List.” Where’s the ACLU when one of the Beautiful People unleashes his own Plumbers on the loyal opposition?

In case you missed it, the White House yesterday banned the Herald from the “pool” reporting list to cover the Messiah’s latest trip to Boston. Obama’s press office had to protect the Boston Globe, which once prided itself on being at odds with the Powers That Be. If the Globe’s current reporters were dogs, they would be described with one of two words.

“Spayed” or “neutered.” And I just thought of a third word — “lapdogs.”.....

Careful there, Howie. You're gettin' awful close to hate speech with that headline. Ever'body knows any reference to swimmin' is "racist code words" in The South....

As for the article:

Øbama of the teleprompter and the thin skin, is not open for real questions. The MSM needs to be controlled and scripted. (See: JournoList) It's why Brack is trying to take over the internetz....and put a gag on talk radio.

Wouldn't want some rogue reporter asking probing questions to disturb the tranquility of the press pool.

A GOP Plan To Disfranchise Democratic Voters in 2012?

How does the requirement to identify yourself prevent you from voting?

In today’s USA Today, former DNC interim chair Donna Brazile claims that Republicans are trying to block voters from the polls and reduce the voting rights of ”Democratic-leaning Americans.” She asserts that Republicans are passing state ballot integrity laws — such as voter photo-ID requirements – to limit the participation of minority voters, the young, and the poor (purported Obama voters) heading into the 2012 elections. Brazile asks, ”Do we really want to see Florida’s 2000 election controversy replayed?”

Expect to see lots more of this leading to the presidential election. The 2000 presidential election produced voluminous claims of rampant voter intimidation, suppression, and harassment in Florida. The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights investigated these claims over a six-month period immediately after the election. The Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department also conducted a separate investigation.

Despite numerous allegations suggesting widespread voter intimidation, suppression, and harassment, the Commission’s investigation produced just two ostensible instances of perceived voter intimidation. Were there voting problems in Florida? Sure, as in every election. But the Justice Department found no credible evidence that Floridians were intentionally denied the right to vote.......

I took some scrap metal to the salvage yard once.....had to show my DL and get my picture snapped so I could get my money. There appeared to be a number of Democrat voters there.....doing the same thing.

Every voter should have a stake in the nation. In addition to a valid photo ID....every citizen 18 and over should pay at least $10 in federal income taxes, and show a 1040EZ at the polls to prove it.

ID laws make it uncomfortable for wanted criminals to show up at polling places. (bench warrants and all)

ID laws make it harder for out of state college kids to vote out of their home districts.

ID laws make it harder for illegals to vote.

ID laws make it harder for the dead to vote.

I have to show an ID to buy beer at a beer barn or Wegamans.

I have to show an ID to buy to buy liquor at a state store.

I would have to an ID to buy cigarettes if I smoked them.

I have to show an ID when I get my medicine from the local drug store.

Oh, I forgot in your pea brain world the only e-mails that aren't faked, are those which have been sent by people you disagree with.

It's the fact that it only mentions a single email without any corroboration. And please, like you don't pull the same bullshit all the time. Get off your high horse, you are guilty of the exact same things you accuse everyone else on this forum.

what the fuck happened to you? you didn't used to be this crazy