Thread Good news from the western front.

A GOP Plan To Disfranchise Democratic Voters in 2012?

How does the requirement to identify yourself prevent you from voting?

In today’s USA Today, former DNC interim chair Donna Brazile claims that Republicans are trying to block voters from the polls and reduce the voting rights of ”Democratic-leaning Americans.” She asserts that Republicans are passing state ballot integrity laws — such as voter photo-ID requirements – to limit the participation of minority voters, the young, and the poor (purported Obama voters) heading into the 2012 elections. Brazile asks, ”Do we really want to see Florida’s 2000 election controversy replayed?”

Expect to see lots more of this leading to the presidential election. The 2000 presidential election produced voluminous claims of rampant voter intimidation, suppression, and harassment in Florida. The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights investigated these claims over a six-month period immediately after the election. The Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department also conducted a separate investigation.

Despite numerous allegations suggesting widespread voter intimidation, suppression, and harassment, the Commission’s investigation produced just two ostensible instances of perceived voter intimidation. Were there voting problems in Florida? Sure, as in every election. But the Justice Department found no credible evidence that Floridians were intentionally denied the right to vote.......

I took some scrap metal to the salvage yard once.....had to show my DL and get my picture snapped so I could get my money. There appeared to be a number of Democrat voters there.....doing the same thing.

Every voter should have a stake in the nation. In addition to a valid photo ID....every citizen 18 and over should pay at least $10 in federal income taxes, and show a 1040EZ at the polls to prove it.

ID laws make it uncomfortable for wanted criminals to show up at polling places. (bench warrants and all)

ID laws make it harder for out of state college kids to vote out of their home districts.

ID laws make it harder for illegals to vote.

ID laws make it harder for the dead to vote.

I have to show an ID to buy beer at a beer barn or Wegamans.

I have to show an ID to buy to buy liquor at a state store.

I would have to an ID to buy cigarettes if I smoked them.

I have to show an ID when I get my medicine from the local drug store.

The ID issue is not the factor here. You're misrepresenting the issue. Again.

Personally I would end all corporate welfare. I cannot stand crony capitalism.

what I can't stand is partisanism.

The fact that you still think it's Demo v. Repub and not Politicians & Wall Street V. Us, shows that you are still part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

Then why don't you explain what the progressives are trying to do.

Trying to keep republicans from making it harder for college students living away from home and other historically democratic voters to cast their ballots. The verification of identity is not an issue.

Cracks me up. Ara and Liam go on these news story tangents on opposite sides of the fence.

Don't compare me to this fool. I have a brain and can comprehand shit, while this ass clown is just running around doing whatever the other flannel wearing pickup truck driving rednecks are doing.

McDonald's Under Pressure to Fire Ronald

Joe the Camel Derangement Syndrome

More than 550 health professionals and organizations have signed a letter to McDonald's Corp. asking the maker of Happy Meals to stop marketing junk food to kids and retire Ronald McDonald.

The letter, slated to run in the form of full-page ads in six metropolitan newspapers around the country on Wednesday, acknowledges that "the contributors to today's (health) epidemic are manifold and a broad societal response is required. But marketing can no longer be ignored as a significant part of this massive problem."......

WOW.

The clown is the problem? Here's a thought.....how 'bout some of these FAT baby mommas say NO to their fat little children?

I hate their food.....but I'm gonna' go buy a Big Mac....give it to the homeless man (urban outdoorsman) I always see on my way home at the corner of High St.and Hanover.

mcdonald's stated you'll have to pry ronald from their cold dead hands. he's not going anywhere