Hawt Good News, Everybody!!

I went to work one morning, and around lunchtime, I received a call from my wife that our house had burned down. I was shocked to hear this, but grateful she was alive. I loved her, and anyone who read my posts on talkbass knew it, as I put a lot of effort into her shitty cover band, which she embarrassingly named Dirty Lixx, and I bought all the sound equipment, and her Ibanez bass guitar. She had long ago stopped any intimacy between us, but I had vowed to cherish her until daeth do us part, and I never cheated on her, and never lied to her, up until that day.
She was the cause of the fire, which originated at a sump pump in the basement, and was fueled by a bunch of boxes of her stuff, placed carelessly by the sump pump, which she had frequently talked about, but suddenly "never knew we had one."
I had everything I owned destroyed by that fire, to the tune of $70,000 dollars. We moved into a hotel room, and my wife decided she was going to be the sole arbiter of the insurance settlement, and I realized how much I no longer liked or trusted her. I spoke with the insurance agent, who informed me that even the house was in my wife's name, because we were married, I was entitled to half the insurance money. My wife said I "didn't deserve" my half, and it seemed like I thought I won the lottery, and that's exactly what I thought, because for the past three years I had been miserable, because she treated me like shit, even though I paid 70% of the bills, because stripping was the only thing she was good at, and she had become too old to do that anymore, being in her fifties.
I'm not going to get into the details about that. I have no desire to trash my ex-wife on this forum, but you all were mean and cruel to her on here, and I cursed you for that.

Here's the steps I took to make sure she was all right:

01. I made sure that the house got re-built. The insurance company talked about razing the entire thing and buildin a new house on the foundation. It would have been a piece of crap, and I was on the phone with the agent every single day, to try my best to make sure that didn't happen. They put every cent of the re-build money into that house, and what she ended up with was far nicer than the house she had previously. Her "worst day of her life" worked out pretty good for her, but that didn't stop her from becoming my worst nightmare. She stalked me on talkbass, Facebook ane other places, called my family and friends and told them just enough truth to make les palatable, and I lost many friends, (who never met her,) and family members but good riddance to bad rubbish.

02. I lied to her every single day I was planning to leave her, because I wanted exactly HALF of the payoff for our possessions. She was determined I wouldn't get it, and I was determined to outsmart her, because she's cagey, but I'm an ex-addict, and far more cagey than her. I tricked her into paying me my half of that monet, and it was more than fair, because her stuff didn't amount to more than $10,000 and my stuff was worthe in excess of $70,000 dollars.

03. She was in love with our drummer, Scott, and he was even more in love with her. He loved her a LOT more than I did, and I called him and TOLD HIM I was leaving her, and she would someone who loved her to take care of her. He was all questioning my decision, but they are married now, and I feel I helped get them together. I may be overstating that, but that was what I had in mind when I called him.

04. I quit my job and one morning when I "left to go to work," I actually stayed in a hotel, driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and placing my Mitsubishi Lancer at the farm of a woman who Krystal thought was on her side, but was a very dear friend to me. We were living in a fucking trailer, and because of Krystal. We could have been staying at a hotel or house, but Krystal decided she wanted to live in a trailer. I got all set in my plans, and I ended up leaving her on CHRISTMAS EVE. I didn't intend it to be that way, but it just worked out that way. Was I a shitty person for doing this? YES. I took my lumps from my friends and family and online, because I felt genuinely bad for doing this, but I made sure she was well taken care of, and I have no regrets; none at all, because my wife and I had irreconcileable differences by that t ime, having been married for thirteen years and the last five she wasn't making love with me at all, and I have a high libido.

05. I went and visited an ex-girlfriend in Virginia, and we were just friends. On New Year's Eve we made love, because a few nights before, she had gotten drunk, and cried to me, "you won't make love to me because I'm old and I'm fat and I'm UGLY," and I didn't want to have her think that way about herself, and I HADN'T HAD SEX IN FIVE YEARS.

06. Eventually, I made it back to Minneapolis, which is my hometown. I was "just friends" with an ex-girlfriend there and we ended up being intimate. Krystal posted on facebook that this lady had plotted to steal my all along (she had NOT!) and was daily changing her story about I did.

So FUCK YOU and your belief that I burnt my house down, left my wife, stole the insurance money, and bought a bass.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I endured all I will be enduring about that bullshit.

I'm dying, but I am engaged to the love of my life, who is in love with me, and is a real prize.
[THis is Ed, the asshole who started Basstalk]
Rich, when you were healthier and your life was stable, you seemed like a good target to punk, mainly because of the videos. Your videos were funny/bad, but I agree, nobody is hurt by them and you obviously spend a good bit of effort on them. *I do like the song selections, generally. Probably because I'm 61.
Never knew what to think about that insurance split. Obviously, we were getting just her story and she is quite stalker-girl wackerdoddle. But quite bangable in the right light. There was a picture of her on a bearskin rug . . . . . ;)

Really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. If you're willing to let the past be past that's cool. No changing it anyway, what's the point, all have sinned, blah, blah. Post us your most recent video. Show us your corona hair :D And the infamous bass if you still have it.
Peace,
formerly, Edpal247 on Talkbass - perma-ban foreva!!!!!

winning charlie sheen GIF

Rich, when you were healthier and your life was stable, you seemed like a good target to punk, mainly because of the videos. Your videos were funny/bad, but I agree, nobody is hurt by them and you obviously spend a good bit of effort on them. *I do like the song selections, generally. Probably because I'm 61.
Never knew what to think about that insurance split. Obviously, we were getting just her story and she is quite stalker-girl wackerdoddle. But quite bangable in the right light. There was a picture of her on a bearskin rug . . . . . ;)

Really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. If you're willing to let the past be past that's cool. No changing it anyway, what's the point, all have sinned, blah, blah. Post us your most recent video. Show us your corona hair :D And the infamous bass if you still have it.
Peace,

You got banned from your own forum?

Don't take Hoggz too seriously. The man trolls hard.
I'm apt to believe most of the above story. A man will eventually reach desperate measures when his wife turns off the pussy machine.
Been there. I lived in a hotel for a while 14 months ago while we considered marriage destruction or reconciliation.

My primary requirement for staying married was sex regularly. Hers were mostly chore requests.

Sex is a result of cooperation and an extension of emotional intimacy and availability.

Last edited:
I went to work one morning, and around lunchtime, I received a call from my wife that our house had burned down. I was shocked to hear this, but grateful she was alive. I loved her, and anyone who read my posts on talkbass knew it, as I put a lot of effort into her shitty cover band, which she embarrassingly named Dirty Lixx, and I bought all the sound equipment, and her Ibanez bass guitar. She had long ago stopped any intimacy between us, but I had vowed to cherish her until daeth do us part, and I never cheated on her, and never lied to her, up until that day.
She was the cause of the fire, which originated at a sump pump in the basement, and was fueled by a bunch of boxes of her stuff, placed carelessly by the sump pump, which she had frequently talked about, but suddenly "never knew we had one."
I had everything I owned destroyed by that fire, to the tune of $70,000 dollars. We moved into a hotel room, and my wife decided she was going to be the sole arbiter of the insurance settlement, and I realized how much I no longer liked or trusted her. I spoke with the insurance agent, who informed me that even the house was in my wife's name, because we were married, I was entitled to half the insurance money. My wife said I "didn't deserve" my half, and it seemed like I thought I won the lottery, and that's exactly what I thought, because for the past three years I had been miserable, because she treated me like shit, even though I paid 70% of the bills, because stripping was the only thing she was good at, and she had become too old to do that anymore, being in her fifties.
I'm not going to get into the details about that. I have no desire to trash my ex-wife on this forum, but you all were mean and cruel to her on here, and I cursed you for that.

Here's the steps I took to make sure she was all right:

01. I made sure that the house got re-built. The insurance company talked about razing the entire thing and buildin a new house on the foundation. It would have been a piece of crap, and I was on the phone with the agent every single day, to try my best to make sure that didn't happen. They put every cent of the re-build money into that house, and what she ended up with was far nicer than the house she had previously. Her "worst day of her life" worked out pretty good for her, but that didn't stop her from becoming my worst nightmare. She stalked me on talkbass, Facebook ane other places, called my family and friends and told them just enough truth to make les palatable, and I lost many friends, (who never met her,) and family members but good riddance to bad rubbish.

02. I lied to her every single day I was planning to leave her, because I wanted exactly HALF of the payoff for our possessions. She was determined I wouldn't get it, and I was determined to outsmart her, because she's cagey, but I'm an ex-addict, and far more cagey than her. I tricked her into paying me my half of that monet, and it was more than fair, because her stuff didn't amount to more than $10,000 and my stuff was worthe in excess of $70,000 dollars.

03. She was in love with our drummer, Scott, and he was even more in love with her. He loved her a LOT more than I did, and I called him and TOLD HIM I was leaving her, and she would someone who loved her to take care of her. He was all questioning my decision, but they are married now, and I feel I helped get them together. I may be overstating that, but that was what I had in mind when I called him.

04. I quit my job and one morning when I "left to go to work," I actually stayed in a hotel, driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and placing my Mitsubishi Lancer at the farm of a woman who Krystal thought was on her side, but was a very dear friend to me. We were living in a fucking trailer, and because of Krystal. We could have been staying at a hotel or house, but Krystal decided she wanted to live in a trailer. I got all set in my plans, and I ended up leaving her on CHRISTMAS EVE. I didn't intend it to be that way, but it just worked out that way. Was I a shitty person for doing this? YES. I took my lumps from my friends and family and online, because I felt genuinely bad for doing this, but I made sure she was well taken care of, and I have no regrets; none at all, because my wife and I had irreconcileable differences by that t ime, having been married for thirteen years and the last five she wasn't making love with me at all, and I have a high libido.

05. I went and visited an ex-girlfriend in Virginia, and we were just friends. On New Year's Eve we made love, because a few nights before, she had gotten drunk, and cried to me, "you won't make love to me because I'm old and I'm fat and I'm UGLY," and I didn't want to have her think that way about herself, and I HADN'T HAD SEX IN FIVE YEARS.

06. Eventually, I made it back to Minneapolis, which is my hometown. I was "just friends" with an ex-girlfriend there and we ended up being intimate. Krystal posted on facebook that this lady had plotted to steal my all along (she had NOT!) and was daily changing her story about I did.

So FUCK YOU and your belief that I burnt my house down, left my wife, stole the insurance money, and bought a bass.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I endured all I will be enduring about that bullshit.

I'm dying, but I am engaged to the love of my life, who is in love with me, and is a real prize.
hey man, I don't know either of y'all but I do know that it's really easy for stories to get twisted when one person seizes the narrative and decides what parts to include or embellish or leave out to support it (and how exhausting it can be to have to feel like you've got to keep setting the record straight(er)). sometimes it's shit they genuinely just didn't see/recognize, even though you may have explicitly discussed it, because it wasn't important to them, and sometimes it's intentionally malicious to garner the most sympathy they can for themselves and discredit you.

they say the best revenge is living well, and while it sounds like your time to do that is being unfortunately shortened, you're making the most of that time while you can.

Dude has never been a truth-teller. Zero interest in reading what I'm assuming can be paraphrased as "my actions were her fault".
P Diddy GIF by REVOLT TV

Come on HOggz, you weren't there. Even a Richard can have too much of a crazy bitch. She seemed to qualify, big time. I buy his theory hie was keeping the show going, not her. She just sounds dumb. Like work at the Dollar Store dumb. E.g. I bought a 48" french door today, guy was so dumb he couldn't figure out what I was saying about turning it across the hypotenuse of the opening of the van. I had to manhandle by myself for the first foot then he was like "oooohhhh".
That kind of dumb. Pathological.

I have been diagnosed with a disease known as Corticobasal Degeneration. Corticobasal Degeneration is a rare disease in which areas of your brain shrink and your nerve cells degenerate and die over time. The disease affects the area of the brain that processes information and brain structures that control movement. This degeneration results in growing difficulty in movement on one or both sides of your body.

The condition may cause you to have poor coordination, stiffness, difficulty thinking, trouble with speech or language, or other problems.

The symptoms of Corticobasal Degeneration progress to serious complications, such as pneumonia or sepsis, a life-threatening response to an infection. Corticobasal Degeneration complications ultimately lead to death.

People with corticobasal degeneration usually do not survive beyond an average of 7 years after symptoms begin. Aspiration pneumonia or other complications are usually the cause of death. My symptoms began over 2 years ago.
I don't know you, but I wish you all the grace and strength for what looks like a pretty shitty ordeal to have to go through.

edit: I don't know you aside from the (frankly) hilarious youtube videos that have become something of a punchline around here.

Dude has never been a truth-teller. Zero interest in reading what I'm assuming can be paraphrased as "my actions were her fault".
I said my one "fuck you" on this. Life is far too short to care about what some internet stranger thinks of me. FAR too short. I wish you happiness and won't be addressing any further posts from you that impugn my character. really sincerely wish you happiness.

Don't take Hoggz too seriously. The man trolls hard.
I'm apt to believe most of the above story. A man will eventually reach desperate measures when his wife turns off the pussy machine.
Been there. I lived in a hotel for a while 14 months ago while we considered marriage destruction or reconciliation.

My primary requirement for staying married was sex regularly. Hers were mostly chore requests.

Sex is a result of cooperation and an extension of emotional intimacy and availability.
I regret that I can like this post only once.

Peace,

Sadly, I can no longer play stringed instruments, as what caused the above diagnosis is the near-paralysis of my right arm.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie