Going to a Funeral today

I'm pretty sure it's a random biological fluke, like a murmur that makes the heart stop. You can't predict it, and you certainly can't prevent it. E slept on his stomach, side, and back, and loved to be swaddled. Sometimes we randomly die and sometimes we don't. Nature is imperfect.

Sylvia Brown thinks its a milk allergy.

So yeah.

We had to have Dom sleep on his stomach. We were told not to allow it so he slept on us every night for the first 2 months or so (we alternated who he did it on).

Then we were just so exhausted and in so much pain since whe had to angle ourselves we just said screw it. Swaddled him up, put him on his stomach for a nap and watched him like a hawk for the next two naps. After that we calmed down.

Lost another month of sleep blaring the baby monitor to the point that I could hear his breathing until I was convinced he wasn't going to die in his sleep.

im so sorry for your loss.
i cant even find the words... my heart feels heavy just reading this thread. ((hugs))

SIDS is so scary. when i first brought my son home from the hospital i used to check on him ALL the time. at night if he didnt moan or cry i would dart to his room hoping he was ok.
He slept with me or on my chest for the 1st 6 months..
I too had people telling me it was wrong, but with him on my chest, I actually slept better.

again. im so sorry for your loss.

In all seriousness, SIDS sucked with my brother. He had to take a helicopter ride to the hospital twice the first month he was alive. Then he had to wear a strap around his chest connected to an alarm the size of a small suitcase that would sound an alarm if he stopped breathing. And you really did have to shake him, wake him up, when it went off.

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe apnea? SIDS from what I understand isn't completely explainable.

Something like that. The reason they don't want babies sleeping on their stomachs is because they fall too deep into sleep thus not able to wake themselves up or "startle" themselves awake if they stop breathing. The alarm he's talking about would do the startling, thus preventing SIDS.

Either that or Jehovah Witnesses are bat shit crazy about medical terms. They are the group that doesn't allow blood transfusions and rather die, right?