God I hate phone companies

lemon_fresh

Half-staff Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥5
Verizon - Killed a clients internet access which disabled their e-mail accounts. Takes us three days and three different CSRs till we get the one who can use the tools to literally drag and drop the old account names into customers new account. They're fucking email accounst how the hell hard can it be to either delete them or enable them for us?

ATT/Cingular - Bought a new to me Treo 680, Cingular branded to use w/ my ATT Wireless SIM card. Pop in my SIM, phone can not use this card error. Ok, no worries I'll call my provider ATT/Cingular to unlock the phone. Sorry we can't unlock the phone unless you migrate to a new account. Ok, but I want the same exact plan if I have to do that. New account worked out to be $16.00 more a month for my two phones. I end up paying some guy $20 on the web for an unlock code. Fuckers.

End Rant

Verizon Business or Verizon Residential? I've found that Residential is all outsourced to India, whereas Business is in the States. Both vary on the training of the employees, whether it's a sunny day, and whether the employees give a damn.

I had issues with my Verizon Business dsl line. First guy I spoke with could have cared less, said he found no issues, and that I should call back when my line drops again. I called back a day later and spoke to a woman who listened, ran a line test, and checked the DSLAM for errors on my line and low and behold found an unacceptable amount of errors. A phone tech came out the next day and removed a bridging tap from my dsl line, thus effectively cutting 1500 to 2000ft of cable off my loop which fixed the issue.

I guess it is all in how to explain the situation, remaining calm, and try not to sound like a know-it-all.

Verizon - Killed a clients internet access which disabled their e-mail accounts. Takes us three days and three different CSRs till we get the one who can use the tools to literally drag and drop the old account names into customers new account. They're fucking email accounst how the hell hard can it be to either delete them or enable them for us?

ATT/Cingular - Bought a new to me Treo 680, Cingular branded to use w/ my ATT Wireless SIM card. Pop in my SIM, phone can not use this card error. Ok, no worries I'll call my provider ATT/Cingular to unlock the phone. Sorry we can't unlock the phone unless you migrate to a new account. Ok, but I want the same exact plan if I have to do that. New account worked out to be $16.00 more a month for my two phones. I end up paying some guy $20 on the web for an unlock code. Fuckers.

End Rant

I could have saved you $20 and had T-Mobile unlock it. And what kind of fucking tool is still using ISP mail?

edit: Anyone need a GSM phone unlocked and cant find it for free on the web?

I could have saved you $20 and had T-Mobile unlock it. And what kind of fucking tool is still using ISP mail?

edit: Anyone need a GSM phone unlocked and cant find it for free on the web?

I couldn't find any free sites for unlocking the 680. I found plenty of Nokia stuff. Send me the your site so I have it for next time.

I've had the same phone for about a year and a half now and have no issues with it. The only thing I'd switch it out for would be like a RAZR because my current phone is on the "chubby" side, but I have no interest in shelling out the cash for a new phone that I don't need.

I agree, phone companies suck.

I just want to know though, why do people feel the need to get a new cell phone so often. I've had 3 cell phones in my entire life. My dad gave me my first one when I was in high school or college (I guess in the early 90's). The thing was a horse of a phone, but it was convenient. Since then I've had 2 other phones. They've been great.

Alot of people I know go out and buy a new phone every 6 months or more. What is up with this? I just don't get it. It's expensive and it seems really unnecessary and wasteful. Can someone explain this please?

i get one every 2 years when it's free (if i extend my contract that i'm keeping anyways for another 2 years)

next time i'm not getting a camera phone. or at least, not getting one that activates by pressing a button (that can't be deactivated) on the outside of your phone... seriously, i have to delete about 20 pictures of the inside of my pocket every week thanks to that gayass feature.

Last edited:
i get one every 2 years when it's free (if i extend my contract that i'm keeping anyways for another 2 years)

next time i'm not getting a camera phone. or at least, not getting one that activates by pressing a button (that can't be deactivated) on the outside of your phone... seriously, i have to delete about 20 pictures of the inside of my pocket every week thanks to that gayass feature.

I have that problem too.

I just want to know though, why do people feel the need to get a new cell phone so often. I've had 3 cell phones in my entire life. My dad gave me my first one when I was in high school or college (I guess in the early 90's). The thing was a horse of a phone, but it was convenient. Since then I've had 2 other phones. They've been great.

Alot of people I know go out and buy a new phone every 6 months or more. What is up with this? I just don't get it. It's expensive and it seems really unnecessary and wasteful. Can someone explain this please?

People buy cool technoshit they don't really need? Isn't that a basic principle of the universe at this point? ;) I always wonder how they sell those $700 video cards more than the phones. At least the phones often have some actually useful features, at least if you use it for business.

People buy cool technoshit they don't really need? Isn't that a basic principle of the universe at this point? ;) I always wonder how they sell those $700 video cards more than the phones. At least the phones often have some actually useful features, at least if you use it for business.

I can aim twice as accurate and frag 3 times faster with the $700 vid card...

;)

I change mine out frequently because work pays for it and I'm expected to stay on top of the new stuffs to support it properly

i just upgraded with t-mobile cause i had lost my phone and i hate it cause i had to add two more yrs to my contract and i wanted to end it and they said $200 to terminate MAN wtf i had till oct. i wanted to go with kriket (i think thats how you spell it) and right when i get home my son is helping take out the baby bag, he jumps up and says "mommy look i found your phone" and i have been looking for it for about a week.

i just upgraded with t-mobile cause i had lost my phone and i hate it cause i had to add two more yrs to my contract and i wanted to end it and they said $200 to terminate MAN wtf i had till oct. i wanted to go with kriket (i think thats how you spell it) and right when i get home my son is helping take out the baby bag, he jumps up and says "mommy look i found your phone" and i have been looking for it for about a week.

How long ago was it??? I think you have 14 days to return it w/ tmobile! Return that damn thing