Global Warming

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
There's been a lot of buzz about global warming lately. The liberals say that we are the cause because of all of the pollution we produce. Others say it's just part of earths natural cycle. With a volital hurricane season still fresh in our minds we are now seeing record setting weather in other areas of the world. So where does the blame lay? And do you think there is anything we can do to stop this crazy weather? Personally I think a lot of it is just the natural cycle of the earth, tho we probably aren't doing much to help ourselves.

It's the Russians exacting their revenge on us.... .don't you read the funny papers?? ;)

Seriously, in this neck of the woods, I think we're returning to normal winters. Growing up, it used to rain all the time, flood all the time, snow in the foothills, etc. That hasn't been happening for a while, but it is now. So yeah, I'm going to go with natural cycle of the earth.

I'm no hardcore liberal or anything but the weather (particularly temperatures) was a lot more stable for a long time prior to the last 50 years. It's hard to believe the earth decided to just go bonkers in 50 years as a part of it's natural cycle. 50 years in the earth's time is like 1 second x 10^-9 in our time.

Peronsally I believe that we (the entire race of humans) have very little effect on the Earth, even with all of our technological madness. There is no such thing as a constant in life, so if the Earth wants to warm up for a few thousand years, then cool down for 10,000, then boil us in our own juices one summer, I think there is very little we can do about it in any direction.

One thing is for sure, if Savannah is hotter this year than last year, I'm moving to Canada. I'm not made for 100% humidity with 100F+ temps.

ERage said:
I'm no hardcore liberal or anything but the weather (particularly temperatures) was a lot more stable for a long time prior to the last 50 years. It's hard to believe the earth decided to just go bonkers in 50 years as a part of it's natural cycle. 50 years in the earth's time is like 1 second x 10^-9 in our time.
:wtf:

Perhaps you have never heard of the Little Ice Age (approx. 1400-1850). Weather was a lot weirder then than it is now.

ChikkenNoodul said:
What b said, volcanic eruptions both on land and undersea(black smokers).

Forest fires which are naturally occurring, earthquakes, sulpher vents and springs, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't remember offhand since I'm not a geologist

True I guess. Although if it's naturally occurring I don't think of it as a pollutant. I always thought of pollution as anything unnatural that's put into earths air/land/water.

who cares? i'm only going to be alive for ~85 years anyway.

might as well enjoy myself.

I'm more worried about what people do to each other than what we do to the environment. Religion doesn't help at all.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Everything is natural ;) it's all created from stuff that was on the planet to begin with, other than the meteorite pieces that is :D

Those are the ones we need to watch out for. :shifty: