Girls with power tools rawr!

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
So, I dropped SchmilK off at the airport again after him having been home for a total of 20 hours and got home and felt really blah so I decided to do a bit of home improvement.

I bought these shelves a few weeks ago from the local craft store, they were naked wood and I used a stone spray paint along with some burgundy acrylic to create some uber cool wall art, and also picked up a wall print and we found a burgundy frame that really makes the colors pop. (3 guesses what my favorite color is ;) ).

So, this is the naked living room before:

fromdrafter.jpg

frommikeafter.jpg

And now with the wall stuff:

95221193093_3300.jpg

95221161221_3300.jpg

We have to have the blankets on the couch for the cats, they're much easier to wash than the couches and the cats only sleep on the blankets, conveniently enough.

So, to hang the shelves, I had to bust out my uber cool girl tools and measure, level, mark and drill holes for the mollys to go in and then manually screw the blocks to hold the shelves, then hang the shelves and put all my junk on them.

I like junk.

Yay me!!!

El Borracho said:
pics of tools and you playing with them? :fly:
haha no. Whoever voted my thread a one is a poopey head :mad:

I did the project by myself and couldn't take pictures of myself AND hold the drill AND hold the level by myself.

I'm not Wonder Woman yanno?

I actually have one more shelf to put up, maybe I'll document that one more thoroughly.

zengirl said:
haha no. Whoever voted my thread a one is a poopey head :mad:

I did the project by myself and couldn't take pictures of myself AND hold the drill AND hold the level by myself.

I'm not Wonder Woman yanno?

I actually have one more shelf to put up, maybe I'll document that one more thoroughly.

pics of you in a Wonder Woman outfit then?

Nice choice of color :heart: , I love burgundy too maybe alittle more of a raisin darker burgundy for me.

I really love that picture.

Good Job! Was it a pain in the ass or did you get the 'evenness' between the shelves right the first time.

What brand of power tools do you use?

gottoys? said:
Nice choice of color :heart: , I love burgundy too maybe alittle more of a raisin darker burgundy for me.

I really love that picture.

Good Job! Was it a pain in the ass or did you get the 'evenness' between the shelves right the first time.

What brand of power tools do you use?
I got it right the first time... First I measured out where I wanted the top of the shelf to be, then I measured out 3.5" from the edge of the frame to be the point where I wanted the end of the shelf to be, then I measured 5" and 18.5" from there where I wanted the screws to be, then I used the level to make the second hash to form the X where I made the screw hole and then I drilled. I drilled the hole, and the bit I used was too small for the molly, but the next larger bit I had was too big, so I used the smaller bit to kinda sand out the edges of the hole to accomodate the molly, hammered that into the wall, screwed the wood piece into the wall, used a level to make sure it was straight, did that for the second piece and mounted the shelf. Lather rinse repeat.

I used the drill my step dad bought me last year when he put in my under the counter coffee pot. I'd have to go back into the closet to check the brand cuz like a good little girl I cleaned up after myself and put my toys away, and after typing this post I'm really quite tired.

whew

:p

zengirl said:
I got it right the first time... First I measured out where I wanted the top of the shelf to be, then I measured out 3.5" from the edge of the frame to be the point where I wanted the end of the shelf to be, then I measured 5" and 18.5" from there where I wanted the screws to be, then I used the level to make the second hash to form the X where I made the screw hole and then I drilled. I drilled the hole, and the bit I used was too small for the molly, but the next larger bit I had was too big, so I used the smaller bit to kinda sand out the edges of the hole to accomodate the molly, hammered that into the wall, screwed the wood piece into the wall, used a level to make sure it was straight, did that for the second piece and mounted the shelf. Lather rinse repeat.

I used the drill my step dad bought me last year when he put in my under the counter coffee pot. I'd have to go back into the closet to check the brand cuz like a good little girl I cleaned up after myself and put my toys away, and after typing this post I'm really quite tired.

whew

:p

Nice !

I have been know to mess up multiple placed shelves. Good for you for getting it right.

I asked about the brand because black and decker doesn't seem to have enough umph but the DeWalt I love.

Black and Decker 3/8" reversable with a 3 amp motor

:lol: Okay so I got up and checked

April23 said:
House improvements are so much fun.... I never knew what it was like until I met fly. :fly:
;) I been taking care of my own home repair for a decade now (thanks for dating me).... yeah, shelves are fun, sometime I'll tell you about replastering a wall or relaying brick or tuct pointing... er... yeah...

What you didn't know about me .101

zengirl said:
;) I been taking care of my own home repair for a decade now (thanks for dating me).... yeah, shelves are fun, sometime I'll tell you about replastering a wall or relaying brick or tuct pointing... er... yeah...

What you didn't know about me .101
can u lay a wood floor?

April23 said:
House improvements are so much fun.... I never knew what it was like until I met fly. :fly:

Well, SOME house improvements are fun. Hanging drywall is okay. Tearing down drywall is unbelievably fun. I'm downright amazed by what I can destroy with just a hammer. Laying tile, however, not so much. Oh, and electrical work is just fucking scary because I have no idea what I'm doing and expect my projects to burst into flame the second I cut the breaker back on.