Hawt Girls Pillow Fight Thread (No Boys!)

A friend of mine and our companies former COO had to meets with a bunch of senators over the summer. Powersuit was definitely the choice. Maybe not a Gloria Allred blazing color number, but it's washington, they are judgy fuckers, and suits are more the standard than dresses. Just take a look at any congressional or senatorial meeting captured online for examples.

But yeah, hiding the tattoo is a good choice.
I have a great navy with subtle pinstripe pantsuit that I can pair with a jewel tone blouse, gray or dark brown heels and a nice necklace.

Lol, I appreciate this advice. I also usually don't get invited to fancy-ass stuff like this too and this is kind of a one-off thing that came up out of the blue. I've dined/met with members of Congress before but I've never been in this kind of formal setting.

I"m leaning towards pants and blazer and a fancy blouse, but not a suit, with heels that I'm very comfortable walking in. One of the people I'm meeting with is taller than the Meester's height so I will need all the help I can get in the vertical category. My hair is at SUCH an awkward length right now so that's going to give me fits.
I think that sounds appropriate and comfortable. You could add some accessories, like a brooch, earrings, or necklace, scarf, belt, something like that. My mom always says when in doubt, wear red. :)

I have a great navy with subtle pinstripe pantsuit that I can pair with a jewel tone blouse, gray or dark brown heels and a nice necklace.
I would go with that for sure. Pick whichever heels are the most comfortable. I wouldn't go more casual than that.

I probably should not be asking this here but if you know me I am clueless about sense of style in the middle of the scale between yoga pants/hoodie and cocktail attire.

I have a meeting in the Senate (with actual senators) in a couple of weeks. What the FUCK do I wear.

do you feel comfortable in for fitting clothes or prefer something a little baggy
d90efaad5b4a1c7e3072fb69f955e8eb--wardrobe-capsule-wardrobe-basics.jpg

nothing beats a classic pant suit,

71xbq2SX6KL._UL1500_.jpg

Owing to the fact that her mom is a complete abusive POS, my wife never really learned about makeup or any of that shit.

She had some acne as a teen, and has some complexion weirdness now as a result (mostly just blotchiness, not really that much scarring). At any rate, I can tell that it bothers her, but I'm similarly clueless about how to help.

What's the right stuff that I should buy her for Christmas to help out with that?

Owing to the fact that her mom is a complete abusive POS, my wife never really learned about makeup or any of that shit.

She had some acne as a teen, and has some complexion weirdness now as a result (mostly just blotchiness, not really that much scarring). At any rate, I can tell that it bothers her, but I'm similarly clueless about how to help.

What's the right stuff that I should buy her for Christmas to help out with that?
A facial at a nice spa with skin assessment
A makeover at Sephora or said above hypothetical spa with carte blanche on purchasing recommended items.

A facial at a nice spa with skin assessment
A makeover at Sephora or said above hypothetical spa with carte blanche on purchasing recommended items.
Agreed - take her somewhere that will teach her what will help her for her skin type and coloring and such. Some spas have make up to offer but limited brands/colors so if you can't find exactly what you like try Sephora, Ulta or some department store that can help try things out.