Hawt Girls Pillow Fight Thread (No Boys!)

Right? And this is me already overthinking everything. Do I go full powersuit but would that make me look too aggressive, a skirt suit with a nice blouse, but it would show my leg tattoo and not be taken seriously, how do I wear my hair, etc etc etc.

God being female is a pain in the ass.
idk what you already have and lordt knows I am not the one to be giving fashion advice, let alone for something this fancy ass, but: I am a big fan of black slacks, a blouse (preferably white but also I'm boring), black jacket (like... a blazer? idk I'm bad at what all this shit is called), and nice black flats or a modest heel of you can walk in them without looking like a freshly birthed giraffe (self call-out). hair up in some kind of neat updo. low bun?

if you want to wear a skirt, you can wear opaque tights to hide the tattoo but I think it'd be tough to get a good color combo that's still "appropriate" (like... black tights and black skirt is too much black/weird, but color tights would be weird and a colored/patterned skirt with black tights might look weird). there are also some makeup things made specifically for covering tattoos if that's a route you'd want to try.

uh this probably maybe wasn't helpful except I guess maybe to say hey, you're not alone in wondering wtf to wear for this kinda shit, I just never have to go anywhere that fancy

idk what you already have and lordt knows I am not the one to be giving fashion advice, let alone for something this fancy ass, but: I am a big fan of black slacks, a blouse (preferably white but also I'm boring), black jacket (like... a blazer? idk I'm bad at what all this shit is called), and nice black flats or a modest heel of you can walk in them without looking like a freshly birthed giraffe (self call-out). hair up in some kind of neat updo. low bun?

if you want to wear a skirt, you can wear opaque tights to hide the tattoo but I think it'd be tough to get a good color combo that's still "appropriate" (like... black tights and black skirt is too much black/weird, but color tights would be weird and a colored/patterned skirt with black tights might look weird). there are also some makeup things made specifically for covering tattoos if that's a route you'd want to try.

uh this probably maybe wasn't helpful except I guess maybe to say hey, you're not alone in wondering wtf to wear for this kinda shit, I just never have to go anywhere that fancy
Lol, I appreciate this advice. I also usually don't get invited to fancy-ass stuff like this too and this is kind of a one-off thing that came up out of the blue. I've dined/met with members of Congress before but I've never been in this kind of formal setting.

I"m leaning towards pants and blazer and a fancy blouse, but not a suit, with heels that I'm very comfortable walking in. One of the people I'm meeting with is taller than the Meester's height so I will need all the help I can get in the vertical category. My hair is at SUCH an awkward length right now so that's going to give me fits.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and adi
Right? And this is me already overthinking everything. Do I go full powersuit but would that make me look too aggressive, a skirt suit with a nice blouse, but it would show my leg tattoo and not be taken seriously, how do I wear my hair, etc etc etc.

God being female is a pain in the ass.

Given the audience the powersuit is not too aggressive and your best bet.

Lol, I appreciate this advice. I also usually don't get invited to fancy-ass stuff like this too and this is kind of a one-off thing that came up out of the blue. I've dined/met with members of Congress before but I've never been in this kind of formal setting.

I"m leaning towards pants and blazer and a fancy blouse, but not a suit, with heels that I'm very comfortable walking in. One of the people I'm meeting with is taller than the Meester's height so I will need all the help I can get in the vertical category. My hair is at SUCH an awkward length right now so that's going to give me fits.
I routinely push the casual boundaries of "business casual" bc I'm broke and awkwardly shaped/my weight has fluctuated but also I literally work in an office with one other person and the only time people even see me is when I'm coming or going, so whyyyyyyy did someone really whine to HR that I was wearing a hoodie (not even a band hoodie! it was a Towson hoodie! in decent shape!) when I went outside to help a little old patient down the ramp with their walker bc they were particularly unsteady? IT WAS COLD OMG EAT MY WHOLE ASS JFC anyway now my go to Look™ at work most days is a dress, dark/opaque tights, and boots but mostly because I CBA to put effort into finding more than one outfit item in the morning. bam, dress, done.

I probably should not be asking this here but if you know me I am clueless about sense of style in the middle of the scale between yoga pants/hoodie and cocktail attire.

I have a meeting in the Senate (with actual senators) in a couple of weeks. What the FUCK do I wear.
Ladies business suit no tie. Slacks or skirt acceptable, button down white collared shirt.

A long skirt might work.

When we used to go brief members of Congress (usually as "the scientist help" in support of a 2 or 3-star), I wore a suit, and the ladies wore long skirts and button downs with or without some sort of blazer on top.

I'd say a suit but with a fancy blouse, not a button up shirt/collar and heels you're comfortable in.

I kinda want reasons to wear fancy business clothes. I'd totally rock it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve
Whenever considering fancy dress, in our household we reference Claire Underwood. Just pull up any appropriate house of cards episode, and copy what Claire is wearing.

• Gravy
A long skirt might work.

When we used to go brief members of Congress (usually as "the scientist help" in support of a 2 or 3-star), I wore a suit, and the ladies wore long skirts and button downs with or without some sort of blazer on top.
See I’d consider a skirt but I have a tattoo that covers the entirely of the side of my calf. And I know even though it’s twenty seventeen there will be pearls clutched if it’s exposed.

Awesome. Thanks. Also easiest option to put together.

A friend of mine and our companies former COO had to meets with a bunch of senators over the summer. Powersuit was definitely the choice. Maybe not a Gloria Allred blazing color number, but it's washington, they are judgy fuckers, and suits are more the standard than dresses. Just take a look at any congressional or senatorial meeting captured online for examples.

But yeah, hiding the tattoo is a good choice.

• Gravy