****GIRL THREAD****

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,717
I have extremely sensitive legs and I hate shaving them because it hurts for 24 hours afterwards and I always get horrible razor burn. Does anyone know of some non-razor method that actually works or some really awesome razors that don't cause razor burn? I've tried an electric razor, and while it didn't cause as much razor burn, my legs were never smooth and it took 30 min to shave to get them to anything even remotely resembling smooth legs. As far as disposable ones go, I've tried lots, but am wondering if there is some miracle brand out there.

Coqui said:
Have you tried the Schick Intuition stuff? Also do you shave while in the shower or after you've showered and have the water off?

Yes I have, they were okay, but the soap thing only lasts through about 3 shavings, and them I'm back to the original problem.

I shave in the shower and ALWAYS use shave gel, it's 10x worse if I don't use shave gel.

Does nyone else find it amusing the Coqui was the first to respond to a girl's thread? :fly: :heart:

Coqui said:
Have you tried the Schick Intuition stuff? Also do you shave while in the shower or after you've showered and have the water off?
I hate that thing

The Venus is much better. Venus > Intuition.

I also have issues shaving my legs. The hair grows back way too fast. The minute I get goosebumps getting out of the shower I'm all prickly.

Ugh. End this madness.

kiwi said:
Yes I have, they were okay, but the soap thing only lasts through about 3 shavings, and them I'm back to the original problem.

I shave in the shower and ALWAYS use shave gel, it's 10x worse if I don't use shave gel.

Does nyone else find it amusing the Coqui was the first to respond to a girl's thread? :fly: :heart:
You're supposed to change out razors once a week :lol: Blades are only good on women's legs/pits/crotches for one week TOPS

zengirl said:
I hate that thing

The Venus is much better. Venus > Intuition.

Have you tried the electric version? I keep looking at it. I have yet to actually try Venus. I really wish I could just get laser hair removal, that would be awesome.

Coqui said:
1) I'm married. She's used it before. The concept behind it actually makes sense.
2) My face has less chance of razor burn when I shave while actually taking a shower.
:heart:

zengirl said:
You're supposed to change out razors once a week :lol: Blades are only good on women's legs/pits/crotches for one week TOPS

Right now I only shave once a week anyway cause it stings so bad, I put it off till I can't stand it anymore.

kiwi said:
Have you tried the electric version? I keep looking at it. I have yet to actually try Venus. I really wish I could just get laser hair removal, that would be awesome.
No, I use the regular ole venus, sometimes with soap but most of the time with only water in the shower and it works great, never even nicks or cuts and no razor burn.. IF YOU CHANGE THE BLADE OUT AS OFTEN AS YOU SHOULD :fly: :heart: dull blades = razor burn

April23 said:
Omy... I'll use mine for almost a month.
:lol: That's so bad... the blades get dull and you're just scraping up your legs and not even cutting all the hairs.