GAY Gimme inspirational BS

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,249
Steam
asastang
Not that I need it, I just like hearing what others like to remember as their favorite phrase or whatnot.

A couple of them mine have been co-opted by ZenPencils.
2012-05-29-gaiman.jpg

2012-05-01-tyson.jpg

2012-06-05-philplait.jpg

now wait wait wait.

all those are great n' all, but just because we don't KNOW something yet because SCIENCE hasn't discovered it yet doesn't mean it's not scientific, or real. just how much do we NOT know YET because we are only human???

it was once a fact that the earth was flat.

it was once a fact that the sun revolved around the earth.

it was once a fact that our solar system had nine planets.

facts are only facts because human beings have deemed them so. science is only science because human beings have used and named it that. science has only taken us as far as we can comprehend as human beings.

this does not mean that the contents of the left side of some comic strip should be left out of all things science.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
now wait wait wait.

all those are great n' all, but just because we don't KNOW something yet because SCIENCE hasn't discovered it yet doesn't mean it's not scientific, or real. just how much do we NOT know YET because we are only human???

facts are only facts because human beings have deemed them so. science is only science because human beings have used and named it that. science has only taken us as far as we can comprehend as human beings.

this does not mean that the contents of the left side of some comic strip should be left out of all things science.

but that also doesnt mean you should disregard science once it has been discovered.

also, its still a damn fact that our solar system has 9 planets.

Pluto is a damn planet.

now wait wait wait.

I am not sure what your point is. Tarot cards, as shown on the left side, are crap. Are you saying we should still study them? Or what?

I mean, Nate Silver predicted both elections with a 99% accuracy rate. He isnt a psychic, he is a scientist.

What was that diatribe supposed to convince us of?

all of the above. anything that science hasn't claimed yet. nothing specific...everything in general.
Homeopathy is shit.
You cant get drunk off a homeopathic beer, you cant cure anything with a homeopathic remedy.
By what definition? Because if it is a planet, there are others of its size. Which then means there are MORE than 9 planets.
By the definition of the IAU?