ghost stories

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i'm sure we all know some good stories/whatever that have freaked us out in the past.

i still get freaked by the story (i'm sure it's on snopes somewhere now) about the driver who was driving home and had someone tailing her, turning their brights on and off. she was like wtf and finally pulled over. she got out at the gas station to confront the person tailing her, and the person was like, "someone got into your back seat with a knife. the times i turned my brights on are the times he was rising up to get you." something like that. urban legend i'm sure but i still get freaked out by it.

the other one that freaks me out THANKS BLIND DOG IN OTHER THREAD was this story:

My great-grandmother lived alone up in the mountains at her cabin. Her husband had died, so she was there all alone. She only had one companion, and that was her loving dog. They both loved each other very much and the dog loved her and comforted her. Every night when she went to bed, the dog would lick her hand to let her know that he was there to protect her.
One night, she had gone to bed and the dog had licked her hand like he had done routinely every night since her husband died. But this night was different. She had woken up in the middle of the night because she heard her dog whimpering. She wanted to comfort him and let her know she was there for him, so she stuck her hand out by the bed and she felt the dog gently lick her hand like always. She figured he was just cold so she went back to sleep.
The dog's whimpering had woken her up a second time in the night so she stuck her hand out, the dog licked it and she went back to sleep. This happened a third time, and she stuck her hand out and the dog stopped whimpering and came and licked her hand. She stayed awake a few moments afterward and the dog had stopped whimpering. She went back to sleep again.
In the morning, she woke up and stuck her hand out by the bed, but nothing licked her hand. She thought that the dog had already awaken and was just in the front room. She rolled over and got out of bed and heard a drip......drip.....drip.....drip, so she walked into the kitchen and turned the handles on the sink faucet, but it wasn't dripping.
She continued into her bathroom to take a shower. As she walked in, the drips got louder! She turned and looked above the bathtub and SCREAMED! There, hanging from the light by his tail, was her loving companion, with his blood dripping into the bathtub. She screamed and began to cry. Wiping her eyes and sobbing, she turned around and looked at the mirror. In the mirror she saw the dog hanging and written on the mirror in her dog's blood with drips and streaks hanging down from each letter, written with a finger, were the words...HUMANS CAN LICK TOO.

post your scary stories!

oh little innocent spangelet

picture.php

:lol: y'all are ridiculous. :lol:
tre, that will be with me all day again. :lol:
jpat, you're welcome back ANYtime. we have knives and poop books! and fresh coffee!

what the HELL. did none of you have spend the night parties or campouts and try to freak each other out?? y'all need to make up for lost time, people.

the scariest ones to me are the ones that really might just could possibly happen to someone, somewhere. :omy:

Yeah, I've got stories. No one would believe them though.

oo oo try me. :hi2u:

did anyone else have a crybaby hollow? i had a place back in my hometown that was supposedly haunted. it was in the middle of the woods, right by a train track and a bridge that crossed over a creek. it was said that you could hear a baby crying if the train came through. you could also leave a baby ruth candy bar on the bridge and it would disappear not too long after leaving it. (well no shit but realism takes away from the scare factor.:fly:) so it was so fun to sneak out, go out there (it really was middle of nowhere and pitch black) and work each other up to the point of hysterics. then haul ass out of there and giggle once we were back to civilization.

great makeout spot too, if you dared. :oooooh:

SOMEONE WAS KILLED ON THESE FORUMS THIS VERY DAY MANY YEARS AGO, AND PEOPLE SAY HE'S STILL LURKING, WAITING FOR THE RIGHT MOMENT TO POST A SHITTY MEME

[ame="http://uselessforums.com/showthread.php?t=9911"]Happy Birthday Chuck!!! - Useless Forums[/ame]

IT"S TOO LATE, THE POST IS COMING FROM YOUR IP ADDRESS

Back during college I lived in a huge old mansion in Macon Georgia that had been subdivided into apartments. The story was a guy built the house as his dream house but after he finished he foolishly lost it in a game of poker one day. He moved across the street and spent the rest of his life looking at his dream house he lost. You sometimes could see someone looking out the top story window across the street even when that house was vacant.

I was laying on my bed in my apartment one day with my girlfriend. We were just talking when I looked out our bedroom door and noticed a shadow of a person on the wall opposite of our room. It was a shadow of a guy standing back looking out the window. I jumped up and saw what looked like an out line of a guy turn and take a few steps into our living room and vanish. It scared the hell out of us. We felt traveling cold spots in that place all of the time.

Last edited:
These are likely the first ghost stories I've ever heard. Seriously.

i think they're both from that ghost stories book scholastic used to sell.

fake edit: these ones
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Best-Ghost-Stories-Scholastic-Classics/dp/0439574269/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236706007&sr=1-5"]Amazon.com: The Best Ghost Stories Ever (Scholastic Classics) (9780439574266): Christopher Krovatin: Books[/ame]

they always had creepy ass sketches that were 10x scarier than the actual story itself.

edit2: like this one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scary-Stories-Tell-Dark-Anniversary/dp/0064401707/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c"]Amazon.com: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 25th Anniversary Edition: Collected from American Folklore (9780064401708): Alvin Schwartz, Stephen Gammell: Books[/ame]

i went with a girlfriend of mine over to her friend's house. we were sitting around playing cards when the both of them looked up simultaneously and looked over my shoulder. they kind of looked at each other all spooked and excited and asked a few questions while trying not to freak me out. i finally got them to tell me what they were talking about, and it seems jason had a ghost living in the house that he had seemed before. they described him as a ship captain type look, and apparently, that was my girlfriend's first time to see him, though she had heard about it before. i just KNEW they were pulling my (peg) leg, but to this DAY she swears it really happened.

:omy:

there's another haunted story that comes from a real thing that happened in my hometown...years and years ago when i was a kid, this guy hacked up his wife into little pieces, put her in ziploc bags, and buried her under his pond. while in middle school, the new guy at school had moved into that house and had some weird stories.

another time in my little ol' city, someone had killed someone and shoved them behind some wall paneling in the house...the skeleton was found YEARS later. no fun ghost stories from that, but still a freaky thing to read about when you're in high school.

i found both stories from my first post on snopes...i knew they were urban legends but they were still freaky when you first heard them and there was no such thing as snopes to know if they were real or not. :fly:

probably 50 years ago here they found a body of a kid up in the water tower. they never figured out how he got there, but they did determine that he was dead before he was thrown into the water tower. they also dont know how long he was in there before they discovered it...

sometime in the mid 90s on this guys land i know (family friend owned a huuge amount of acherage outside of town), this guy took his son hunting pheasant or something. the son wanted to look into an abandoned well becuase, well, thats how kids roll. they looked inside and saw what looked like a human in a trash bag. turns out it was a chick that had been missing for 3 years, the cold well had preserved her fairly well. both her and her boyfriend went missing at the same time, so everyone had just figured they had run off togethor...