Getting out of bed in the morning..

b_sinning said:
Alarm clock out of reach so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. Radio alarm doesn't wake me up. I stumble into a shower instead of bed and stand there head against the wall crying "WHY God WHY?!"
:lol:

I know the feeling :p

BigDov said:
I just get up when the alarm goes off...... it's not all that hard.
Yes it is.. Its so much easier hitting the Snooze-button over an over again ;)

Grunt said:
Yes it is.. Its so much easier hitting the Snooze-button over an over again ;)

My problem doing that is, if I fall back asleep for 5 or 10 minutes, when I finally do drag my ass out of bed, I'm more tired than I would have been if I'd just gotten up in the first place :(

Our bed room clock is 20 minutes fast. I set it for 5:45 every morning because I have to be to work at 6 a.m. But I usually wake up shortly before the alarm is going to go off and reset it for 6:00 or 6:05. Then I spend the extra 20 minutes cuddling with my husband, or the cat if my husband in trouble. Then when the alarm goes off I am actually ready to get up. I can wear whatever I want to work, (I work with animals) so I just pull on whatever I find and brush my teeth and wash my face. Work is about 3 minutes from my house so I get there no problem.

No, at least not for me.

When I wake up in the morning having gone to bed angry the previous night, I'm usually not angry until I end up remembering that I was.

I use the citrus alarm clock on my PC. Nothing like waking up to music of my choosing by a steady fade in over 2 minutes.

Waking up used to be the biggest difficulty in my life. Since I gave up caffiene I am waking up nice and easy and feel better starting my day.

SwedishChef said:
I use the citrus alarm clock on my PC. Nothing like waking up to music of my choosing by a steady fade in over 2 minutes.

Waking up used to be the biggest difficulty in my life. Since I gave up caffiene I am waking up nice and easy and feel better starting my day.
really? caffeine makes that much of a difference? I love my coffee and tea too much to give up caffeine alltogether. i could cut down but never give it up. I don't drink a lot of soda anyway so that's not really that big of a deal.

CletusJones said:
really? caffeine makes that much of a difference? I love my coffee and tea too much to give up caffeine alltogether. i could cut down but never give it up. I don't drink a lot of soda anyway so that's not really that big of a deal.

There is a certain level of truth to what he's saying...... I gave up all caffeine and have never felt better really :)

CletusJones said:

I started having headaches everyday and sleeping and waking up like shit. So I tried cutting back, but that just caused craving crabbiness.

So, I cut it out altogether. One week of hell, but now I'm SO much better off without it. Soda is WAY unhealthy for you anyway.

I set my cell alarm for 7.30, turn it off and put my phone next to my head and roll over. My mom usually comes in at 7.45 and tells me to wake up and I groan and roll over again. This morning it took me 50minutes to move out of my bed. I'm late half the time I'm at school, but I just blame it on the tram.

At weekends I usually wake up, go to sleep, wake up, sleep, then when I wake again I lie there being warm for an hour or so.

Mmmm sleep :drool:

BigDov said:
There is a certain level of truth to what he's saying...... I gave up all caffeine and have never felt better really :)

I've been cutting down my smoking to about 3 a day and none in the morning. I feel a lot better, just get bad urges to smoke at night when Im reading before sleep. I feel better in the morning without caffiene or cigs.

SwedishChef said:

I've cut way back on caffeine, but haven't cut it out entirely, maybe I'll give it a try.

NeedMoreEmo said:
I've been cutting down my smoking to about 3 a day and none in the morning. I feel a lot better, just get bad urges to smoke at night when Im reading before sleep. I feel better in the morning without caffiene or cigs.

I drink mostly water all the time and I really don't miss caffiene a bit. I sleep like a damn rock most of the time and I'm not all jittery like I used to be either :)

BigDov said:
I drink mostly water all the time and I really don't miss caffiene a bit. I sleep like a damn rock most of the time and I'm not all jittery like I used to be either :)

I drink tea when there's a cup offered. The rest of the time I drink water w/ cordial. I can't drink just water or I puke, bottled water is okay but tap water tastes like ass.

I look forward to an exciting day at work and can't wait to jump out of bed [/sarcasm]

NeedMoreEmo said:
I drink tea when there's a cup offered. The rest of the time I drink water w/ cordial. I can't drink just water or I puke, bottled water is okay but tap water tastes like ass.

Bottled water or water out of our superawesome purifier here at work, never nasty old tap water :barf:

SwedishChef said:
I started having headaches everyday and sleeping and waking up like shit. So I tried cutting back, but that just caused craving crabbiness.

So, I cut it out altogether. One week of hell, but now I'm SO much better off without it. Soda is WAY unhealthy for you anyway.
interesiting. I usually don't drink any soda at all, but I do drink about 4 cups of coffee every morning and a couple cups of tea every night. I could switch to decaf coffee, but the people here at work would kill me.

BigDov said:
me too! I :heart: water.
I always sleep like a rock and I'm not ever jittery. I'm pretty terrible to my body most of the time though, I drink a pretty decent amount and smoke. However, I feel that I equal it out by eating very healthy and exercising. It's a rare day that I don't feel good. I'm just not a morning person, nobody in my family besides my dad is a morning person. I don't get it.