Getting out of bed in the morning..

G

Grunt

Does anyone else have a really hard time getting out of bed every morning? Its so nice and warm.. I just want to stay there forever :drool:

I have this clock/radio thingy and it never gets me out of bed. This morning that damn Britney spears song "Hit me baby one more time" was on the radio when it went off..

I was beating the damn thing for like two minutes until it finally shut up and I went back to sleep. So now my radio thingy is probably broken, I came in 2 hours late for my classes and I can't get the DAMN song out of my head. :(

How do you guys manage to get up in the morning? :confused:

:lol:

Here's what I end up doing:

Wake up, get out of bed, Disable the alarm as it hasn't even gone off yet. (I don't need the alarm to wake up. I am up at 5:55 every morning - yes even Saturdays and Sundays)

Nope. This morning I woke up and the alarm wasn't going so I was scared and jumped out of bed. Yeah... I've slept in an hour.
Still gotta fit in some spamming, though!

Alarm clock out of reach so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. Radio alarm doesn't wake me up. I stumble into a shower instead of bed and stand there head against the wall crying "WHY God WHY?!"

b_sinning said:
Alarm clock out of reach so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. Radio alarm doesn't wake me up. I stumble into a shower instead of bed and stand there head against the wall crying "WHY God WHY?!"

Sounds a bit like my morning routine, except for the crying part, I just think it :(

I put my alarm clock on the other side of the bedroom, but lately I have been waking up most of the time before it goes off at 5:00.

b_sinning said:
What time do you have to be at work dreamwalker?

Lately I've been starting work about 6:00, not because my boss says I have to (frankly I don't think she gives a damn), but because I need to get out of the office earlier in the afternoon. It's about a 25 minute drive to work, so getting up at 5:00 gives me time to get at least halfway awake and semi-coherent before I get there.

I've got two alarm clocks. One is a clock radio that comes on at 6:30, the other is a wind up alarm clock that rings at 6:50. I usually end up hitting the snooze on the clock radio until the other one rings, then I get up and find my way to the shower. I would have to say though, having a wind up alarm clock comes in really handy when the power goes out.

CletusJones said:
I've got two alarm clocks. One is a clock radio that comes on at 6:30, the other is a wind up alarm clock that rings at 6:50. I usually end up hitting the snooze on the clock radio until the other one rings, then I get up and find my way to the shower. I would have to say though, having a wind up alarm clock comes in really handy when the power goes out.

I couldn't do that. If I wake up and see that there is less than an hour or so before the alarm clock is supposed to go off I can't get back to sleep, and I might as well just get up anyway.

dreamwalker said:
Lately I've been starting work about 6:00, not because my boss says I have to (frankly I don't think she gives a damn), but because I need to get out of the office earlier in the afternoon. It's about a 25 minute drive to work, so getting up at 5:00 gives me time to get at least halfway awake and semi-coherent before I get there.

What about getting your kids to school etc?

b_sinning said:
What about getting your kids to school etc?

My 17 y/o daughter graduated last year, and she helps the boys when they need it. The 13 y/o does everything he needs to on his own. The 9 y/o has an extremely big "do it myself" streak so he rarely needs any help.

The reason I started going in to work earlier and getting home earlier was primarily to be there for them in the afternoon after they get home from school. With the hours I have to put in I can do one or the other, not both.

Last edited:
I can't wait until my son can get himself ready. Him being 3 means I have a long wait until that happens. On the days I take him to school I spend a half hour at least trying to get him into his clothes and trying to force him to eat.

dreamwalker said:
I couldn't do that. If I wake up and see that there is less than an hour or so before the alarm clock is supposed to go off I can't get back to sleep, and I might as well just get up anyway.
meh, i'm no stranger to sleep. i can get up and actually go and do stuff, then go back to bed without missing a beat.