Getting in Sheep for Summer?

I'm in great shape, I'm just getting in even better shape. I just increased my bench to 325lb. I'm just getting over a torn quad from softball and I'm looking forward to getting my squats back heavy again.

Pandora said:
I just started smoking again to loose the extra pounds. It's working pretty well. :pandora:

Theres nothing hotter then a hot chick that smokes. Except maybe a dead hot chick.

Galen said:
You don't smoke either?
I smoked my first two years in military school, mainly to ease the pressure of the daily routines. However, I realized I had added a good thirty seconds to my 5K timed run during my third year, and quit. Haven't touch a smoke since, and I'm glad (especially since they are so prices these days)

elpmis said:
I smoked my first two years in military school, mainly to ease the pressure of the daily routines. However, I realized I had added a good thirty seconds to my 5K timed run during my third year, and quit. Haven't touch a smoke since, and I'm glad (especially since they are so prices these days)

Whats a K?

elpmis said:
Ouch. Good to hear you gave up though. Best of luck.
Do you still run? Any tips you can give a newcomer?

Galen said:
Ouch. Good to hear you gave up though. Best of luck.
Do you still run? Any tips you can give a newcomer?
Yes, I still run! There are three elements to running that focusing on will separate a novice from a seasoned runner

1. Breathing

Try to stay relaxed while you run, I take long breathes in through my nose and out through my mouth (it becomes harder and harder to do as you get more tired)

I also run with a little radio and headphones, it takes my mind off the fact that I’m running and I’m able to control my breathing better

Here’s a good write up:

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0108.htm

2. Shoes

If you’re serious about running, you should be serious about your feet. I get new running shoes about ever 4 to 5 months. My preferred brand is New Balance.

3. Stride

Perfecting a running stride can take awhile and there’s tons of stuff online about it – my only advice is not to make fists while you run, I keep my hands at ease, it’s part of that whole ‘relaxed’ concept. Another thing to focus on is keeping your head level, it shouldn’t bounce up and down while you run.

Start out slow and don't expect great things unless you run AT LEAST three times a week. Another thing, spare your knees, run on trails, not road!

I run at least 5 days a week. There's a 3 mile loop around the golf course across the street from me, I do that. When I started it took me about 1:15, now it's less than 40 minutes. I've also lost 45 pounds since January. :D

CletusJones said:
I run at least 5 days a week. There's a 3 mile loop around the golf course across the street from me, I do that. When I started it took me about 1:15, now it's less than 40 minutes. I've also lost 45 pounds since January. :D
very cool, I wish I had a 3 mile loop around me!

elpmis said:
very cool, I wish I had a 3 mile loop around me!
I basically decided to start running it because it was so close. Now I jog to and from it and up the pace to an almost run for most of the loop. I never walk anymore, I just change my pace.

:heart: running. I used to do cross country in high school and starting this again made me remember just how much I like to run.

I can't stand running, I don't know what it is about it, it just isn't for me. I was actually in really good shape in high school due to being a cheerleader, but that is all in the past and I can barely make it up my 3 flights of stairs without breathing hard. I am skinnier than I ever was in high school though, so I don't get it.