Get some culture bishes v.1

I Robert I said:
Then maybe, just maybe one could atleast be mature enough not to ruin a potentially worthwhile thread for those that are indeed interested in the topic, eh?
nope

I Robert I said:
Then maybe, just maybe one could atleast be mature enough not to ruin a potentially worthwhile thread for those that are indeed interested in the topic, eh?

Well, how, exactly, would you define fine art? I mean, I like the four images posted below, but I couldn't say if any of them are art or why, critically, any of them are good or bad:

sap01_ca000506_p.jpg

marxbros.jpg

12331.jpg

mech01.jpg

kiwi said:
Is it sad that I consider myself an artist, yet I don't really have a favorite artist. I like a lot of work that I see, but I never tie it to a person and look up more of their work. I should do that.

:eek: Shame on you kiwi! It's so important to learn about other artists!

For example: If I had never known of Henri Cartier-Bresson I doubt I would have delved into photography as I have.

http://collectionsonline.lacma.org/...chtype=2&term=Cartier-Bresson, Henri (Artist)

Pandora said:
:eek: Shame on you kiwi! It's so important to learn about other artists!

For example: If I had never known of Henri Cartier-Bresson I doubt I would have delved into photography as I have.

http://collectionsonline.lacma.org/...chtype=2&term=Cartier-Bresson, Henri (Artist)

Oh I learn about other artists. I just don't have a favorite artist that I've looked into, studied more of their work. Some of my favorite paintings ever were in a little art gallery in Newport Beach. I'll see if I can find them online by chance. (I love wandering through art gallery and just admiring/dreaming that someday I'll be able to afford one of the painting for my wall.)

This is my favorite style of paintings. (I couldn't find the art gallery I was talking about).

1-copy.jpg

I love watercolor and one day I intend on pulling all my supplies out again and painting some more pictures.

Get some culture, she says. I grew up in Europe, and had seen almost every great masterpiece of art by the time I was 10. I've been to so many galleries and exhibitions that I can't even recall half of them anymore. I'm just saying. Now it's all about the boobs.

Lame-o said:
Get some culture, she says. I grew up in Europe, and had seen almost every great masterpiece of art by the time I was 10. I've been to so many galleries and exhibitions that I can't even recall half of them anymore. I'm just saying. Now it's all about the boobs.
Do you drink water with your pinkie up? :rolleyes: