Get in early, or leave later?

ChikkenNoodul said:
I was, but for some reason my group of 5 people had been grandfathered for OT for weekend work.

At first it was time and a half, then they knocked it back to straight time, then when we were officially getting paychecks from the new company it went away.
That sux. You have to do a lot of weekend work?

fly said:
That sux. You have to do a lot of weekend work?
Not much anymore, only when there's problems or a MAJOR upgrade of some sort. But then it's usually just conference calls.

When I did NT servers 5-8 or so years ago, we had a lot of weekend work that we had to actually come in for. At first we could even park in the garage below the building :fly:

taeric said:
Just out of curiosity, which does everyone prefer. To get up and in to the office early so you can leave at a more normal time, or to take your time and leave a little later than the norm?

I also have no real choice when I get to leave. I HAVE to be the last person out. I can only try and get everybody to hussle and get a move on. Once everybody is gone, then I can leave.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I used to, maaaan that was sweet. Then we got bought out.

I get overtime pay, but I'm encouraged to avoid going over hours. My boss has to talk to me about it to make sure I do not go over hours to start OT, because then his boss gets upset about the numbers and extra money that was not budgeted for the overtime.

Scooter said:
I get overtime pay, but I'm encouraged to avoid going over hours. My boss has to talk to me about it to make sure I do not go over hours to start OT, because then his boss gets upset about the numbers and extra money that was not budgeted for the overtime.

tell him, "well, make sure everyone is ready to go when I'm ready to go, dickface. and another thing, I want a ball like on the 3rd Thursday of every month or I'm walking."

SpangeMonkee said:
tell him, "well, make sure everyone is ready to go when I'm ready to go, dickface. and another thing, I want a ball like on the 3rd Thursday of every month or I'm walking."
Yeah, you're one to be talking about working...

SpangeMonkee said:
if those motherfuckers get lippy with me at the DOL, I'd BALL UP the blue piece of paper and JAM it into their brown box. they don't say shit to me. they best not be. I'd fuck 'em up!
Calm down sir! :lol: