FYI Georgia Residents: Lease a new Nissan Leaf for two years for free

This was never intended for the poor.

The gov't was/is trying to create a marketplace for the electric cars by subsidizing it. There's no reason for them to subsidize charging stations cuz there's not enough cars to make that pitch to washington (who gives the $$ to the states.). Once there's more cars out there you'll see subsidized charging stations.

This isn't about the 'poor.'

So, when Corporations get hand outs, it's just good business

when the poor get hand outs, it's supporting the disadvantaged

When a minority gets a benefit, it's either reparations or reversing the tide of prejudice.

but when the middle class, who pays the most into taxes, look for a little something here and there, it's wrong?

Not quite getting this logic.

I would prefer that no one get handouts. But if they are there, I'm going to use them. I (and everyone else) would be a fool not to do so.

The list of needed repairs was fairly small too-- I had to replace the oxygen sensor in the 93. The 99 needed a replacement speed controller for the cabin fan, and I eventually had to replace both radiator fans. The 08 needs a new muffler because the flange where it bolts on to the rest of the exhaust has corroded.

I have never bought a muffler in my life and don't know the first thing about it. Anyone got any suggestions?

The list of needed repairs was fairly small too-- I had to replace the oxygen sensor in the 93. The 99 needed a replacement speed controller for the cabin fan, and I eventually had to replace both radiator fans. The 08 needs a new muffler because the flange where it bolts on to the rest of the exhaust has corroded.

I have never bought a muffler in my life and don't know the first thing about it. Anyone got any suggestions?
Hmm...Not the muffler, but my mechanic was able to weld the area where the AC was dripping water onto the exhaust pipes when a hole busted through them. Is that possible with your corrosion?

(real smart placement for the AC drip, Ford.)

My coworker loves the 2 Leafs he bought. He got a loaded one for his wife who also works at Turner and a base model for himself.

depending how much pipe you have avail you may be able to saw the corroded portion (about an inch) of pipe out & slip a new pipe 3-4 inches, over the new gap & clamp it down - without having to replace the muffler.

If you do have to replace the muffler, the OEM replacements are usually totally reasonable & a muffler shop should be able to do the whole thing for ~$200

I'm a fan of Nissan. Dan's last 3 cars I believe have been Sentras. They have all run beautifully.
I'm a fan of Nissan, too. I bought a Nissan 240SX, a Nissan 300ZX twin turbo, an Infiniti G20 (fancy-pants Nissan), a Datsun 240Z (a not-fancy-pants Nissan), and an Infiniti M35X.

I feel like the abused wife sometimes.

The flange has already been welded back on once, and the mechanic said replacing the muffler was my only choice at this point. My main concern was that I would have an embarrassment of choice. Is there any brand I should avoid, or can I expect any OEM replacement to be as good as any other?

All I know of exhaust is that Walker seems to e a decent company, but I haven't ever really gone with an out-of-the-box exhaust piece.
Make sure the part itself has a decent warranty? I would expect a muffler to have a year warranty or so.

The flange has already been welded back on once, and the mechanic said replacing the muffler was my only choice at this point. My main concern was that I would have an embarrassment of choice. Is there any brand I should avoid, or can I expect any OEM replacement to be as good as any other?

if it's not from the dealer, it will sound, at least a smidge, different. But not enough to justify dealer pricing.