genmay, why you left, some questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djduquet

I'm sick of it. There's a time in one's life when a place such as that isn't a bad thing. It provides fun and entertainment, but after a while, don't you just get sick of it?

I know that a lof of you here are ex genmay members, which is why I'm making this thread.

I left because of the recent IMNobdy shit and the general crap that the forum is throwing out. I may go back, but not anytime soon. I would spend a good 2 hours a day at least there, messing around.

How many hours per day did you guys spend there, and how did you spend your time once you left? What made you leave?

I rarely posted on Genmay.
Think the only times I posted were to tell NME I hated her or to post something in a photochop thread.

I don't even know how to begin to explain it... but it just seems like it's thousands of idiots posting the exact same shit everyday in everythread, but we all knew that when we signed up.

Everyone grows up sometime. :fly:

Some of the stuff in the subforums can be pretty cool, but the main forum is full of unwitty, unoriginal kids.

i left [h]genmay because loads of the more amusing people seemed to get banned or leave around the same time. even seekingtao got banned ? wtf ?? he never hurt a fly

within that year i think bannit shut the place down anyway, then reopened it sometime later.

i never really bothered with gay[m]en, i was already in much smaller fragment forums (always drunk mainly) when that place started

I posted there 8-9 hours a day during the week. Haven't posted regularly in well over a year and I'm still in the top 100.

I stopped posting over there cause we started this place and it was a lot of work at the start. I ended up out of the loop to the daily drama, so when I'm in the main forum I feel lost.

I do still visit the subforums tho.

b_sinning said:
I agree fly.

fly just likes this place better becuase he has guys like drool hitting on him nonstop.
Its amazing what sleeman will do when you promise him an admin panel.

edit: I thought he was a mod over at [M]. :consufed:

I stepped into the Guns forum over there once, and nobody had a clue what they were talking about. "My single action USP .45 blah blah" They're idiots. The games forum can be good sometimes, the photography forum sometimes as well, but the main forum is the biggest collection of fucking morons this side of Dipshit Avenue.

I actually tried to look at a couple of threads yesterday and even posted two responses before the gag reflex kicked in and my homicidal tendencies started to surface. There's just too much stupid and too many uneducated teenagers over there for it to be interesting.

Back in the day, before the intelligent day crew members left, I'd spend several hours a day browsing and what not while working, much like I do here now. And well, this is where all the intelligent day crew members came, so it worked out pretty well.

djdouchebag said:
I'm sick of it. There's a time in one's life when a place such as that isn't a bad thing. It provides fun and entertainment, but after a while, don't you just get sick of it?

I know that a lof of you here are ex genmay members, which is why I'm making this thread.

I left because of the recent IMNobdy sh*t and the general crap that the forum is throwing out. I may go back, but not anytime soon. I would spend a good 2 hours a day at least there, messing around.

How many hours per day did you guys spend there, and how did you spend your time once you left? What made you leave?
Tell me what this IMNobdy thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.