Gasparilla Check-in.. Any of you locals going?

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
Shawn and I have made the decision to grace the Gasparilla Day Parade with our presence this year. It is the one weekend I have off from school; the last weekend in January.

Anyone besides us going? We are lining up lots of surprises and plan on staying out there for the night so we can misbehave. :pandora:

If this looks like something you would be intrested in coming to; PM me for details.

Where is this?

edit: Also, what is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
OddFactor said:
Where is this?

edit: Also, what is it?

Tampa

It's an excuse made by rich people for debauchery guised in philanthropy...

It's one reason for 45 year-old golfer guys to ride floats and toss beads to young, nubile girlies to see their tits.

So I give you the annual celebration and [cough] recreation of the pirate invasion of Tampa Bay.

This shit is case-in-point why we Americans are so stupid. This whole Gasparillo invasion was BS.

(Plus, why would you celebrate this if it was true? A bunch of crazy pendejos rolling into town in boats, mang?)

Note to readers: These are not real pirates, they are orthodontists, opthomologists, lawyers, and others of that ilk:
history3.jpg

history2.jpg

I've never been to Gasparilla and I've lived here my whole life. I put it in the same area as Guavaween (another event I have never attended). You are nuts if you really want to get into the middle of that sort of crowd. The whole carzy crowd situation just doesn't appeal to me.

I've been going to the day parade for as long as I can remeber; yes, there is alot of public drunkenss, but it's classy people doing it - not the punks in Ybor.

Not that they act any better, but at least you know at the end of the day you'll still have your wallet.

Candy said:
Not really the same as Guavaween, but forget it if you don't like crowds.

The Art festival is NOTHING like the day parade from what I have heard. Much more tame.
The drunkeness and tom foolery doesn't really interest me. Unless, that is, you'll be baring breasts for beads...

Hmmm...yeah drnk people knocking over others for beads and candy and letting their children run out in front of floats. Yeah the last time I went some woman tried to fight my mom, for telling her child to be careful (he was running in front of the floats). So my big brother gets in her face and starts yelling, and I tell him to calm down until she comes at my mom again in which case I get in her face and tell her to back the fuck up. SOunds great! Wow lots of fun. Let do it again.