Thread Gas savings idea

If I didn't keep records, how would I know I'm getting my money's worth out of equipment. :tard:

My lawn mower has lasted me 11 years and I just replaced the filter and oil on it for the first time last season. I'm pretty sure I'm getting my money's worth since I'm still using it.

My lawn mower has lasted me 11 years and I just replaced the filter and oil on it for the first time last season. I'm pretty sure I'm getting my money's worth since I'm still using it.
I really doubt you have to mow as much as I do.

I really must ask my gardener how much mowing he does.

Dick measuring by proxy.

edit. Did I say he? I meant she. Tardwife mows the lawn. Training FTW.

Last edited:
And yet....you're still making assumptions.
You are the one assuming shit doesn't need preventative maintenance when you don't know how old it is or how much it gets used. I'm sure your cute little lawn mower works JUST AS HARD mowing some LAWNs as something that is used almost everyday for 9-10 months a year. Yes, I am completely ignorant of the topic of managing farm equipment and don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Last edited:
You are the one assuming shit doesn't need preventative maintenance when you don't know how old it is or how much it gets used. I'm sure your cute little lawn mower works JUST AS HARD mowing some LAWNs as something that is used almost everyday for 9-10 months a year. Yes, I am completely ignorant of the topic of managing farm equipment and don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

I'm not assuming anything. I never said anything about you that would have been considered an assumption. Then you made the assumption about the frequency of me mowing. I never claimed you were ignorant. I simply pointed out I didn't need meticulous logs to know when to maintain my equipment.

I'm so glad I only have to fill up every two weeks or so and I drive a gas guzzling Mustang. I live about ten minutes from work. Score.