Thread Gas savings idea

You go to the gas station, you buy a gift card that works with the pumps only. Then you pump the gas, using that card.

It's perfect for those time when you want to buy gas but wish there was an extra step in the process. Alternatively, it's perfect for those times when you want to give someone money but want to make damn sure that they have no choice of what they spend it on.

It's perfect for those time when you want to buy gas but wish there was an extra step in the process. Alternatively, it's perfect for those times when you want to give someone money but want to make damn sure that they have no choice of what they spend it on.

And, if done well, makes those purchases much cheaper than without the effort. The guy that I heard was doing this was saving over $100 a month in gas.

Seriously, where are these people driving? Do they work on the moon? Ooooo, wait, I forgot...it's America and in true American fashion 20mpg is considered GOOD gas mileage for your vehicle to get. Driving a gas guzzling monstrosity around hauling half of your possessions with you is a good idea and certainly not bad for the environment.

Mind you, I get that most people can't afford to live close to where they work and public transportation in this country is shite, so it isn't all our fault. We'll just blame that rather than doing what we can. Okay, good plan. You get on with your bad selves you Hummer drivers. And while you are at it, please feel free to take up as many parking spaces as you need to with your over-sized and hideous vehicle. It doesn't matter if anyone else has a place to park. I know you are more important. I can tell by the car you drive.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
And, if done well, makes those purchases much cheaper than without the effort. The guy that I heard was doing this was saving over $100 a month in gas.

Lets DO THE MATH

You buy a $50 fuel card.
That is 50*20 points = 1200.

BUT WAIT

": Restricted items are items that are not eligible for point accrual. At this time restricted items include tobacco, alcohol, lottery, money orders, in-store restaurant, all Speedy Cash prepaid cards, and NetSpend Reloadable products. These items are legally restricted by law in select areas. Please visit your local store for details. "

EPIC FAIL

Seriously, where are these people driving? Do they work on the moon? Ooooo, wait, I forgot...it's America and in true American fashion 20mpg is considered GOOD gas mileage for your vehicle to get. Driving a gas guzzling monstrosity around hauling half of your possessions with you is a good idea and certainly not bad for the environment.

Mind you, I get that most people can't afford to live close to where they work and public transportation in this country is shite, so it isn't all our fault. We'll just blame that rather than doing what we can. Okay, good plan. You get on with your bad selves you Hummer drivers. And while you are at it, please feel free to take up as many parking spaces as you need to with your over-sized and hideous vehicle. It doesn't matter if anyone else has a place to park. I know you are more important. I can tell by the car you drive.
Well I only get 22 mpg-ish in a Subaru...

$100 a month in gas is less than 2 tanks. Ghost drives 30 miles each direction to work each day, that's a tank a week, and he has a decentish gas mileage car. It's just the way life is sometimes. Trust me, I'd rather spend less money on gas, but unfortunately for us, there is no way around it right now.