Gas Prices

I'm paying about $2.58 for premium right now.

But I'm still getting .55 a mile for expense reimbursements, so my driving is pretty much free.

u dont know how easy youv got it

While gas is more expensive in the UK you have less reason to travel than we do. Our average commute distance is twice what yours is and we have states that are bigger than your entire country. Also, I'm willing to bet your public transportation systems are a lot better than most of ours are. And don't forget, we are Americans and we like to consume!

While gas is more expensive in the UK you have less reason to travel than we do. Our average commute distance is twice what yours is and we have states that are bigger than your entire country. Also, I'm willing to bet your public transportation systems are a lot better than most of ours are. And don't forget, we are Americans and we like to consume!

All very good points, but I think the main one is basically your government doesn't subsidise things like ours does. :)

Oh and our public transport is great if you ask me.

supposedly atlanta is going to bring the trolley back. there are tracks all over the city that were buried under the pavement to make way for more car traffic. I heard they're going to dig them up and put trolleys back on them. I might be able to get to work taking only 10 steps if so

supposedly atlanta is going to bring the trolley back. there are tracks all over the city that were buried under the pavement to make way for more car traffic. I heard they're going to dig them up and put trolleys back on them. I might be able to get to work taking only 10 steps if so

I'm hoping this is a trend that gets more expanded upon.

Our mass transit systems right now are a joke. Fixing that mess can go a long way to getting a foothold on a lot of problems right now.

All very good points, but I think the main one is basically your government doesn't subsidise things like ours does. :)

Oh and our public transport is great if you ask me.

Our government DOES subsidize mass transit, which is part of the reason it's in such terrible shape.

Not to mention, the foulest people on earth rely on public transit here - so it's not exactly an attractive option.