Hawt Gardening 2012

My biggest issue is the only part of my yard not covered in shade is my lower deck.

I'm not opposed to cutting down another tree but I'm not sure when I could borrow another skyjack stick lift.

So garden by the foot or whatever is a fail?

It worked rather well actually. I'm just not a person that stays involved or excited about things for very long so it died on me.

We had so much broccoli, basil, peppers, squash, misc herbs, tomatoes, etc. It was unreal :)

It worked rather well actually. I'm just not a person that stays involved or excited about things for very long so it died on me.

We had so much broccoli, basil, peppers, squash, misc herbs, tomatoes, etc. It was unreal :)
Laid back gardening is fun. You just plant shit and let it compete. Weeds generally die, tomatoes go all over. Then anything that's left you just make a big pile and light it on fire.

My biggest issue is the only part of my yard not covered in shade is my lower deck.

I'm not opposed to cutting down another tree but I'm not sure when I could borrow another skyjack stick lift.

Tomato and pepper plants grow really well in pots. I've kept all of my heirloom tomatoes on our sunny deck and they love it. The heat from the sun gets retained in the wood and keeps the soil pretty warm even into the night. All you need is a pot, some potting soil and some fertilizer (varies by what you grow), and some plants that you either start from seed or buy at HD or Lowes or a greenhouse or somewhere.