gaming ?

My dad was nationally ranked in Quake 2, 3, and soldier of fortune

he uses a track ball and knows a lot of other 'pros' that do too

Unpossible to win trackball says I.

edit: I know a few people who use them, one or two of them are actually fairly good with them too.

elpmis said:

holy crap! your dad might be a bigger geek than mine!

elpmis said:
dude there's no question, my pops is a redneck computer nerd

my dad used to game...don't think he does anymore...iirc, he finished the original myst in like 3 days

he got a 1600 on his SATs and dropped out of GA Tech because he was bored
he's now a neo classical composer

I wouldnt suggest it unless your already handy with one. I prefer a cordless infra red mouse, but they have their own problems, sometimes they lose tracking, sometimes the battery dies.. general stuff like that.

If you were really hardcore you'd use a gyroscopic mouse. :lol:

why_ask_why said:
my dad used to game...don't think he does anymore...iirc, he finished the original myst in like 3 days

he got a 1600 on his SATs and dropped out of GA Tech because he was bored
he's now a neo classical composer
My father got two degrees out of college, Philosophy and English - he almost flunked out because he was a total pot head. After graduating he took up Shakespearian theater until he met my mom, then he married her and got a job in business sales; after that he did a complete 180 and became this redneck conservative NRA hunter; it wasn't until his 40s that he took up computers which became his ultimate hobby, and then got into gaming where he's played with Thresh and even won cash awards. Last I heard he was talking with Raven developers about level logistics for Quake 4 (wtf)

elpmis said:

This has got to be some kind of joke. No dad of a twenty-something knows how to use a computer.

Sarcasmo said:
This has got to be some kind of joke. No dad of a twenty-something knows how to use a computer.

I'm 32 and my dad has a dual g5 mac and an athlon xp 2800+