Ontopic Games Thread of love

Anyone see the Bethesda Starfield demo vid? Any thoughts?
Seems like most everyone online is going "ok, but we've already got space exploration games like this."
Bethesda rarely does bad, but it seems a tad generic.

Where it will excel (since theyve never made a game that doesnt) is mods + longevity + exploration.

Then again..... their last game was Fallout 76. So if theyre on that path, thats not good.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Anyone see the Bethesda Starfield demo vid? Any thoughts?
Seems like most everyone online is going "ok, but we've already got space exploration games like this."
The entire gaming community seems toxic these days. It's so fucking annoying.

I see all the, "Its too much like Fallout." Well duh, what did you expect from Bethesda? If you liked Fallout, you'll probably like this.
"Only 1,000 worlds. No Mans Sky has a quintillion." Again so? If you like Bethesda games, you'll like this.

And it isn't MMO, so I don't think a 76 comparison is accurate.

Either way, it will almost certainly get review bombed, just like every other AAA title these days.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Beth makes good stuff. Itll be good. Or if it isnt, modders will fix it.

I hope they release a VR version.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
There is no love here today. Woke up wanting to finish TLOU2 but my PS4 has decided it's fucked. 2 hours later of problem shooting and I'm about to have to delete all my save files and data. Yippee! Why are modern consoles such pieces of shit? The only exception being the switch which doesn't do this shit.

There is no love here today. Woke up wanting to finish TLOU2 but my PS4 has decided it's fucked. 2 hours later of problem shooting and I'm about to have to delete all my save files and data. Yippee! Why are modern consoles such pieces of shit? The only exception being the switch which doesn't do this shit.
Yeah that's why I stopped bothering with consoles. Their advantage used to be that they were plug an play. Now you might as well just do PC on an actual PC.

Yeah that's why I stopped bothering with consoles. Their advantage used to be that they were plug an play. Now you might as well just do PC on an actual PC.
Ummm, they are plug and play. Other than the design issues with the 360, I've never had an issue with a console. They just work. And quite well.

Ummm, they are plug and play. Other than the design issues with the 360, I've never had an issue with a console. They just work. And quite well.
After having to wipe every save off an xbox one and now off the PS4 I would tend to disagree with there being no issues. Luckily I'm not upset over thousands of hours of saves being lost but I imagine some people might be.

Anyway I just played through a cute adventure time game.

Wait What Reaction GIF

You have a wildly different interpretation of plug and play than most people.
He means just popping a disc or a cartridge and getting right into the game. Now you gotta download 40gb and install the whole game on your console before you can play.
Yup