Ontopic Games Thread of love

Do I believe it? LOL, it's 4chan, hell no.
At the same time, I've seen those idiots hit the nail on the head before, so I'll be looking to see if this is one of those times

8bplriH.png

This may seem a silly question, HOWEVER, on games like Witcher where there's lots of British regional accents for characters and NPC's - Scottish, Welsh, Yorkshire etc. do you guys in the US get the same voice acting or is it localised voice actors with regional American accents?

This may seem a silly question, HOWEVER, on games like Witcher where there's lots of British regional accents for characters and NPC's - Scottish, Welsh, Yorkshire etc. do you guys in the US get the same voice acting or is it localised voice actors with regional American accents?
I don't think I've ever noticed any sort of accent unless the character was supposed to have one.
Are you saying they just kinda let the VAs speak normally with whatever accent, or they try and have everyone in one place have the same accent?

I don't think I've ever noticed any sort of accent unless the character was supposed to have one.
Are you saying they just kinda let the VAs speak normally with whatever accent, or they try and have everyone in one place have the same accent?
I'm just wondering if you guys get the British accents or if your characters all sound American. They're very broadly British on my play through with Scottish accents etc.

I honestly find it pretty grating hearing the same obvious regional accents in games tbh. They never have a scouse (liverpool) or Essex accent etc. I'd much prefer it to be just neutral.
I feel like in media explicitly geared toward U.S. markets with British accents, we get RP or cockney, each in varying degrees of hammed up, and that's about it. and like, they'll specifically have the actors put on those accents, even if they're already actually themselves British (like what they had Tony Head do on Buffy), to match whatever class they're trying to convey. and like, I get why they'd be worried the average American would have a hard time understanding someone from like, Yorkshire or Macclesfield or whatever, but there's still plenty that would be fairly well accessible and they just won't do it. I think the only exception I can think of is they'll have someone do an exaggerated scouse but only if they're trying to make some sort of obvious Beatles reference.