Ontopic Games Thread of love

3vph6j6qvf661.png

I'm getting impatient waiting on my parts. And apparently it's the worst time ever to buy a GPU, which I still need. At least I can play minecraft with the intergraded GPU while I wait. I played some GTA San Andreas on the shitty PC. It was surprisingly smooth on medium settings. Downloading Warzone now. RIP shitty Lenovo Desktop.

Played a little on the xbox. Its a bit frantic for me.
I just tried playing it with 1.3 Ghz, 4GB ram, and an intergraded video card. Didn't even make it to the title screen lol.

It's more fun and less frantic with a squad of 4. I mean, you still have frantic battles but they are less often and not as stressful. Are you into any multiplayer games at the moment?

I just tried playing it with 1.3 Ghz, 4GB ram, and an intergraded video card. Didn't even make it to the title screen lol.

It's more fun and less frantic with a squad of 4. I mean, you still have frantic battles but they are less often and not as stressful. Are you into any multiplayer games at the moment?
We've been playing PUBG almost exclusively for the better part of two years, but we haven't been gaming too much lately.

We've been playing PUBG almost exclusively for the better part of two years, but we haven't been gaming too much lately.
I tried that one. If I remember correctly it's third person which is kind of tough for me in action situations, idk why.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
A buddy of mine is giving me a Nvidia GTX 750 ti. PC-Builds.com says it will run Warzone at 47.6 FPS, not ideal but it's a start. If I can get 60FPS it'll max out my monitor. Maybe if I'm lucky it will run better than PC Builds says.

A buddy of mine is giving me a Nvidia GTX 750 ti. PC-Builds.com says it will run Warzone at 47.6 FPS, not ideal but it's a start. If I can get 60FPS it'll max out my monitor. Maybe if I'm lucky it will run better than PC Builds says.
Chasing FPS is silly imo...

Chasing FPS is silly imo...
To a degree, but fast action first person shooters don't do well at lower FPS. If it's less action and more adventure you can get by with fairly low FPS.

Past a certain point, sure. Cyberpunk is sub-30FPS for me, though.
I think things start getting pretty bad at sub 25FPS for most games. Anything is going to look good at 60FPS. Since I've never had a screen that will do better than 60FPS, that's all I can really comment on.

Another thing that matters more than the number of frames at any given point is keeping the FPS consistent. You can be at 60, but if you're jumping down to 40 or 30 in some spots it's going to be worse than running at 25 the whole time.

I've been reading on frame rates for the past 20 minutes. I saw a few people claim that running a 144hz monitor will make 60FPS look worse than running a 60hz monitor at 60FPS. I also saw some claims about refresh rate important too, so running 120FPS on a 60hz monitor won't be visible to the eye but it will cut input lag in half. We're talking milliseconds here, 16ms to 8ms if you double a 60hz monitor's capability. That might matter to people who game competitively, not so much the average gamer.

I've been reading on frame rates for the past 20 minutes. I saw a few people claim that running a 144hz monitor will make 60FPS look worse than running a 60hz monitor at 60FPS. I also saw some claims about refresh rate important too, so running 120FPS on a 60hz monitor won't be visible to the eye but it will cut input lag in half. We're talking milliseconds here, 16ms to 8ms if you double a 60hz monitor's capability. That might matter to people who game competitively, not so much the average gamer.

vsync/freesync is important. You get vertical tearing if you operate at something other than your monitors native res.
That said, most the high refresh rate monitors are freesync, and it doesnt matter.