Ontopic Games Thread of love

So, what have been some of the best games on PS4?
Spider Man is supposed to be phenomenal
Red Dead Whatever
Horizon Dawn, I think it is? Post apocalyptic with robot animals and the main character is a chick with dreadlocks
Death Stranding was just released
Fallout 4 is available
The Outer Worlds
Witcher 3
Monster Hunter

Then there are all the "classics" like the God of War series, Assassins Creed series, Final Fantasy, etc

Shit, maybe I should get a PS4

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and OOD
I realized today after turning Red Dead one on that open world games tend to lose their value after the first play through. It would be great if I could skip the horse ride across the map for every mission when I felt like it and skip missions I generally don't enjoy, like racing missions on a game that I bought so I could shoot people.

I realized today after turning Red Dead one on that open world games tend to lose their value after the first play through. It would be great if I could skip the horse ride across the map for every mission when I felt like it and skip missions I generally don't enjoy, like racing missions on a game that I bought so I could shoot people.
Depends on the open world. Skyrim and the Fallout games have been out forever and I still find things I havent done in them.

Also, you might be able to mod the game to include new missions and whatnot

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Depends on the open world. Skyrim and the Fallout games have been out forever and I still find things I havent done in them.

Also, you might be able to mod the game to include new missions and whatnot
What fallout game should I start with?

What fallout game should I start with?
3 and New Vegas are very very similar gameplay styles, whereas 4 is very different. They are all very engaging and entertaining games (to me, at least)

As Domon mentioned, New Vegas is widely regarded as the best one of them, but I still have a special spot in my heart for 3.

I would probably go in order to not screw up your expectations on gameplay and abilities. 3, NV, 4.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I liked 4, not sure why it got so much hate
There were a couple mods I liked on it too, specifically, the zombie-walker mod (turned the ferals into grouping hoards of walker style zombies) and the wanderers mod (removes most of the main story, starts you in a random location)
Theres a new one I read about today that really improves the community building , too.
I may have to reinstall and give it a go again

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and OOD
I think because for a Fallout RPG it kind of blew goats.

Even if you take away the RPG part of it, the story was still kind of lackluster. The ending feels railroaded as well.
yeah, it was the whole "frowny face, smiley face, turns out the dialog is the same either way" thing

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Is this an entirely different game? Doesn't seem related to Fallout from a quick Google.
Bethesda owns Fallout. Obsidian developed the original Fallout games (1, 2) and Bethesda hired them to do New Vegas. Obsidian developed The Outer Worlds and it lived up to almost all the hype.
Bethesda did 4 which was ok and 76 which sucks

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD