Ontopic Games Thread of love

Postal is seriously for the lulz. On what other game can you plug a cat to a rifle and use it as a silencer?

It's fucking hilarious, and this is coming from ME! I identify as half cat.

Also there's a thing I wonder.

In the first COD MW there's a level where you gun down hundreds of civilians. At first playthrough, I couldn't pull the trigger.

But now , after tens of playthroughs I gun down people like its target practice. It's pixels on a screen after all.

But the screenshot of the rape game both disgusted me and made me very angry. I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

I believe there must be thousands of people like me.
Why is that?

That's a pretty good example of what I was referring to with becoming desensitized to the violence. Of course it's not real life but there's still that thing in your mind that says "that's not OK" which then makes the leap to it being OK. Perhaps with repetition even expecting it or enjoying it or just figuring it's no big deal.

You're a rational adult, you can play that and keep it in perspective just fine. Some more unstable people maybe not so much. And not good conditioning for younger, less developed, more impressionable minds.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
That's a pretty good example of what I was referring to with becoming desensitized to the violence. Of course it's not real life but there's still that thing in your mind that says "that's not OK" which then makes the leap to it being OK. Perhaps with repetition even expecting it or enjoying it or just figuring it's no big deal.

You're a rational adult, you can play that and keep it in perspective just fine. Some more unstable people maybe not so much. And not good conditioning for younger, less developed, more impressionable minds.
we all have played super violent video games since we were like 5 here for the most part. You oldies didnt, but the rest of us did and none our "young impressionable minds" were damaged by wolfenstein or doom

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
we all have played super violent video games since we were like 5 here for the most part. You oldies didnt, but the rest of us did and none our "young impressionable minds" were damaged by wolfenstein or doom

Fair enough.
I would consider this a pretty small sample size.
I'm not saying someone is going to play one and just go berserk as a direct result. I'm saying it can be a contributor or at least indicator of some deeper issues in some. We've probably all known that nutzo kid who enjoys that stuff a little too much.

Also goes to my point about age ratings not meaning anything seeing as you all apparently got your hands on some pretty violent stuff when you were barely even in school.

Us olds pretended we were fighting Nazis too, we just didn't do it on a screen.

What we didn't do was come up with games where we cold-bloodedly murdered a bunch of innocent people. Were more interested in saving them.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
oh bullshit. Ya'll didnt pretend you were the red cross.

No, we pretended to kill people, those people being the bad guys.

Was referring to that game MacG was talking about. Or stuff like GTA where you just kill a bunch of random innocent people and get rewarded for it.