Ontopic Games Thread of love

Looking at a GTX 2070, Ryzen 2700X, and an X470 motherboard.

Already have a couple SSD's I can use, and a case and adequate PSU.

I need to stop buying hot deal SSD's.

In addition to the 1TB I can pull out of my old MacBook Pro, I have a Crucial 275GB, 2 Inland 480GB, a Sandisk 1TB, and a Sandisk 240GB.

I have a WD Blue M.2 thingy I need to test too.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
@fly so.... Xbone now supports mouse and keyboard, so you can have a console that plays games at 4K and HDR with mouse and keyboard support for like 350 bucks. That's a pretty convincing argument, when just the graphics card on a PC cost that much.how is the situation with buying games these days on Xbox? Do they have digital downloads? Or do you still have to buy discs for everything?

@fly so.... Xbone now supports mouse and keyboard, so you can have a console that plays games at 4K and HDR with mouse and keyboard support for like 350 bucks. That's a pretty convincing argument, when just the graphics card on a PC cost that much.how is the situation with buying games these days on Xbox? Do they have digital downloads? Or do you still have to buy discs for everything?
$350 is a bit low. Remember the Xbox One S only upsamples to 4k. You'll need an X to do true 4k. That said, I got mine on sale for like $370 a couple of weeks ago. From what I've seen, there's no BF deal that good coming up.

Games can either be digital downloads, or physical disc. Physical disc games obvious require the disc to play (and can be resold). Digital download games can be shared with one (could be more, not sure) other Xbox. Meaning you can buy the game once, and two people can play it - at the same time. Everything gets shared, including Xbox Live Gold, the Xbox game pass, and the EA game pass.

It's a pretty fukn sweet setup.

That said, it was just announced and not all games will support KB/M. There are only a handful right now and I think it remains to be seen if they will open it up to everyone and let the game devs decide if they want to support it.