Ontopic Games Thread of love

Anyone played this? Know someone who has? Wondering if I should get into it.

Its made by Raf Colantonio, who founded Arkane and was lead on Dishonored, Prey, etc. Some of the best immersive sim games in recent history.

Dude is a throwback to the pre-consolitis era where no sacrifices are made in complexity or depth. Arkane is one of the best PC game studios out there imo, along with larian and (prior to cyberpunk debaucle), cdprojekt

There are still two(?) areas of the map that are essentially empty and unused. When you drive up to them you get turned around and a message that says "we're working on a DLC!"

Im still hoping they pull a "no mans sky" and release more content/patches/fixes to make it what it should have been
I saw an analysis that shows that is probably unlikely. By this point 11ish mo post release no mans sky had already made significant strides towards repair and making the game awesome. We havent seen nearly the same thing with Cyberpunk. Theyve fixed some bugs and brought it from completely broken to somewhat functional, but its a shadow of what was promised in terms of complexity and mechanics

• Sad
Reactions: fly
by this point No Mans Sky had already had 3 huge content and feature updates, and about 30 patches

Really makes you appreciate studios like Facepunch, and how often they release new content (monthly) for their game for free.

They're beers. I'd just finished building the first wall around my compound.

A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer...

20210806160642_1.jpg

Ok that's clearly a Ford Ranger, but I'll let that one slide.

Yeah this game has lots of issues. I don't think it will ever leave Early Access.