Ontopic Games Thread of love

Wasteland 2 is officially out today. Seems like they took the time to make it incredibly polished

goddamn party system that isnt just npcs that kinda follow you around with no control over em. Thats what.

And strategy.

They got the dialog mostly down right (much better in new vegas), and stats were ok, but none of the other fallout stuff was there.

goddamn party system that isnt just npcs that kinda follow you around with no control over em. Thats what.

And strategy.

They got the dialog mostly down right (much better in new vegas), and stats were ok, but none of the other fallout stuff was there.
The companions were terrible... I just used them as pack mules

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon

And strategy.

I will agree on the followers, but strategy? Like shooting people in the legs so they can't run away? What sort of strategy was there in one or two?

strategy comes with a party system. Where each of your party has different skillsets, and different tactics, and you blend and leverage them all together to defeat an enemy that couldnt be defeated without it. Its a different game.

If you havent played that type of game (fallout 1 and 2, baldurs gate, planescape, KOTOR, etc) then i can see how it wouldnt seem different.

Its more like an RTS in many ways if that makes any sense.

strategy comes with a party system. Where each of your party has different skillsets, and different tactics, and you blend and leverage them all together to defeat an enemy that couldnt be defeated without it. Its a different game.

If you havent played that type of game (fallout 1 and 2, baldurs gate, planescape, KOTOR, etc) then i can see how it wouldnt seem different.

Its more like an RTS in many ways if that makes any sense.
I've played those types of games, but not in a while.
It sounds like you are mostly talking about turn based combat games. How are you going to adapt those strategy options to a real time game?
And why do you have to have followers that are necessary in a role playing game?

f1 and 2 are. Sorry.

KOTOR isnt. Its real time.

That said, to address your other question. The reason a party is important in an RPG is because theyre what defines the story and gives the reason for being in the world. You know this, you're a reader. A book without good characters is worthless, just as a world without good NPCs, companions, and party members is a big empty place thats not that interesting.

Same with life really. You dont remember the places you exist in so much as those you exist in those places with.