Gah whats with trillian?

Forrest Dump said:
It wont log me on to aim and Ive fagorts I need to berate.
Anyone have the 2.013 pro patch?
perhaps that will fix me up?
Um, either use the free Trillian or buy it. Don't be lame and steal the Pro edition.

Forrest Dump said:
dammit even after the patch it wont sign on to aim
wtf" Is aim down or something?
I'm online, I think its just that you're :haaay:

Did you fuck around with your firewall settings or let Windows firewall mess with the settings?

Check you AIM server settings

Host : login.oscar.aol.com
Port : 5190

I have mine set to try to reconnect 1,000,000 times before giving up. It tries once every 5 seconds and password is saved.

theacoustician said:
Once they wrap up Trillian 3.0, you won't want to use Gaim. I've used the beta and its wonderful.
what does it offer over gaim or the free version for the user who just uses it for chat, turns off all smilies, and doesn't want/need plugins for weather, email, and the like.

theacoustician said:
Check you AIM server settings

Host : login.oscar.aol.com
Port : 5190

I have mine set to try to reconnect 1,000,000 times before giving up. It tries once every 5 seconds and password is saved.

Ya thats what mine says too
Fucking weird

theacoustician said:
Once they wrap up Trillian 3.0, you won't want to use Gaim. I've used the beta and its wonderful.

I use both .. Trillian is prettier (right now I have it looking like iChat) but I honestly prefer Gaim.

Whats new in 3.0 ?

Gaim is a hooker. when I log into different aim names at the same time it doesn't filter out duplicate buddy names. Which makes my buddy list HUGE and lags out gaim.