GA smoking ban in effect today

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
ah well...it lasted a good long time
at least it's not very cold here in the winter generally

Sounds like they've done a good job of making it confusing for business owners, that sucks.

I'm all for eliminating smoking in most places, but the government should make the transition as painless as possible for businesses.

Not really. in virtually any place except for bars and some restaurants you cannot smoke. its actually is like that in some large areas of Atlanta allready. Sucks to be a smoker anyways.

another sidematter is that sudafed and other items used to make meth is now stocked behind the counter and I think the max boxes you can buy at a time is 4. At least its not Bama where they made it 2 and you have to sign a sheet that the law has the right to view. its almost like trying to get a gun now to get rid of a cold.

Ryokurin said:
Not really. in virtually any place except for bars and some restaurants you cannot smoke. its actually is like that in some large areas of Atlanta allready. Sucks to be a smoker anyways.

another sidematter is that sudafed and other items used to make meth is now stocked behind the counter and I think the max boxes you can buy at a time is 4. At least its not Bama where they made it 2 and you have to sign a sheet that the law has the right to view. its almost like trying to get a gun now to get rid of a cold.

that's a hell of a cold if you need 4 boxes of sudafed!

Ryokurin said:

Is that why cold medicines are now locked up? I didn't realize that was the reason

I remember when they first banned smoking in CA, lots of businesses refused to enforce it and started getting hit with some hefty fines.

I'm with FB on eliminating smoking in most places. The one thing I hate about going to bars in Oregon is coming out smelling like smoke. The worst is the next day when you are in the shower and can smell the smoke washing out of your hair. Its nasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryokurin said:

That's how it is in Oregon too, and they are considering making it prescription only, which will really piss me off. Stupid meth heads.

TadSG said:
I'm with FB on eliminating smoking in most places. The one thing I hate about going to bars in Oregon is coming out smelling like smoke.

Especially since I always smell like smoke after my part-time job, and have to wear dry-clean only dress pants. I think I'm going to buy another pair of black dress pants to use just for that job.

I'm all for keeping rights and stuff, but smoking cigarettes is just stupid. There's no reason to do it, so I have no problem whatsoever with restricting where you can do it. I know that's selfish, but I'm Republican :p

TadSG said:
The worst is the next day when you are in the shower and can smell the smoke washing out of your hair. Its nasty.
Oh my word I know what you mean. Its sick!!

Luckily a year ago Moncton banned smoking in all public areas. It's great! Because pub food is always the best, but I hated going because you would always stink after

Fat Burger said:
Umm...maybe, I'm not sure. It just means you're not affiliated with any party.
Ok them, its not the same thing. Canadian politics are so different from the US....
The Green party is an actual party.... but they were uh created in BC... so they a little wonky- damn tree huggin hippies

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Ok them, its not the same thing. Canadian politics are so different from the US....
The Green party is an actual party.... but they were uh created in BC... so they a little wonky- damn tree huggin hippies

Yeah, we have a Green Party too, and tons of others. We've got a Nazi party and everything :rolleyes:

bast_imret said:
FUCK ALL YOU NON-SMOKING ASSHOLE SHITEATING KNOBGOBBLERS!!!!!!

I'm going outside for a smoke.

:heart:
I have no problems with banning smoking in restaurants, even as a smoker I couldn't stand smelling ciggys while I ate, just gross. I never really enjoyed the post meal ciggy either... pretty much the only time I could enjoy a cig was when I was drinking.

zengirl said:
I have no problems with banning smoking in restaurants, even as a smoker I couldn't stand smelling ciggys while I ate, just gross. I never really enjoyed the post meal ciggy either... pretty much the only time I could enjoy a cig was when I was drinking.

I was upset today when I went to the bar section of a restaraunt I frequent for lunch, sat down with my menu, and couldn't find an ashtray. Then it sunk in. :(

bast_imret said:
I was upset today when I went to the bar section of a restaraunt I frequent for lunch, sat down with my menu, and couldn't find an ashtray. Then it sunk in. :(
Yeah, I think it's really retarded to not allow smoking in bars. People go on and on about how horrible smoking is for you, when nobody has to go into a 12 step program for smoking... and drinking kills people just as well as smoking. It's just that due to all of the law suits in the past 3 decades, there has been more media hype on the anti-smoking crusade than the anti-drinking one.

Isn't it amazing when you stop to think about it... whoever controls the flow of information, really DOES control the world.