FYI... If you've modded your xbox 360 or know someone who has...

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,324
Steam
mattressfish
http://www.gameswank.com/portal/?p=422

The week of May 7th 2007 might not be know for any great historical references, but for XBOX 360 gamers it might just be the beginning of a bitter battle between XBOX 360 modders and Microsoft.

It has been know for some time that there is firmware modification that would allow gamers to simply flash their existing XBOX360’s with some modified code and allow them to play backups of both XBOX and XBOX360 games off and online without being banned or even detected, that is until this Monday.

You see…. along with all the other little tweaks and features of the spring update it seems Microsoft is planning on slipping in a little bit of code that can allow Microsoft to detect any users who use backed up games to be identified and then possibly banned from XBOX Live, but not so fast Bill. It seems some key players in the mod scene have also been preparing for this day and have decided to preempt Microsoft update with a new version of their own version of the firmware called Xtreme firmware 5.3 which will prevent Microsoft’s newest update from being able to detect burned backups. If this sounds confusing that’s because it is./

Its possible that they might start tagging backup discs when playing online. Upgrade or yank the network cable for a week or two until this all settles down.

I'm just going to keep mine unplugged for a week and see what the fall-out is, then decide. I've effectively gotten over using XBL anyway at this point.